Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Travel Tuesday - Dubrovnik

Me on the ship with Dubrovnik in the background


Inside the walled city



This was taken on top of the walled city


Some of you might be saying right now Du-what-nik??? Let me tell you about this little gem of a city. But first let me say this, I knew of course that Dubrovnik was one of the stops on our cruise, but I didn't pay much attention to it because my head was full of Italy. So I didn't research it as I usually do when we go away. I thought this city was just a filler for the cruise line in between big ports. BIG mistake! This is a beautiful city and well worth a visit. It's hard to believe that not long ago, there was war in this country. This walled city is on the Adriactic sea and you can see from the above picture how blue the water is. The architecture is baroque and amazing. We took a tour of the walled city and the guide was fascinating with tales of all the history. Then we walked around and just soaked in the feel of the place. The people of Croatia are friendly and inviting. They were selling their fruits and vegetables in the middle of the city and my sweetie just loves to go around and check out all their products. What really made an impression on me was how clean this country was. Also, it was one of the prettiest ports we had visited. Well, it's time to leave Croatia and head on to the country where my sweetie's grandfather came from. Sicily is our next stop.

Safe Travels,

Joan

3 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Beautiful! Just gorgeous! We didn't go there, but sure wish we had.

Hugs!
Kat

Katie said...

I'll have to add it to my list of "must see places"!

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

You know...in addtion to making me want to lose weight, you are now making me rethink this whole fear of flying thing I have because I really would like to travel some before I'm done here! I used to think a cruise was the answer to all my problems, but I think I would need to fly to the coast to actually get on the boat, huh? You're killing me here. Before you know it, I'm going to join Weight Watchers just for the sole purpose of looking good in a passport photo! lol