Sunday, August 26, 2007

Cincinnati Reds Game



Maddie discovered the tall buildings in downtown


Maddie, Mommy & Daddy


Grandma (me), Maddie & Grandpa




Kari , this picture is for you. That's Johnny Bench at home plate catching a ball from Davey Concepcion. I know it's hard to see, but believe me it's him.



Last night was so much fun. We went to the Reds game and to watch Davey Concepcion's number 13 being retire. For those of you who don't know, David Concepcion was part of the Big Red Machine back in the 70's. It was pretty exciting because most of the Big Red Machine were there, Johnny Bench, Joe Morgan, Tony Perez, Sparky Anderson, Ken Griffey and George Foster were all there on the field for the ceremony. And in that last picture above, Davey Concepcion threw out the ceremonial first pitch to Bench. It would have been so cool to have all of them on the field again. Back in the 70's when my sweetie and I started dating we went to many baseball games because my father in law had season tickets. In fact our first date was a baseball game. These guys made baseball fun and exciting to watch and I remember each one of them. Anyway, it was fun and Davey was very emotional during his speech. As you can see from the second picture, Maddie was just as excited to see all of this. Also, did you notice my new hair color? I love what my girl did to it this time. she made it a little darker with highlights. I tried to move the top picture down but Blogger wouldn't let me. I just thought it was so neat. Maddie was so fascinated with the tall buildings in downtown Cincy on our way to Starbuck's. She just could not figure them out. Also my spies at Starbuck's downtown tell me that the Pumpkin Spice Latte is coming out soon.


Safe Travels,



Joan

5 comments:

debtfreeme said...

Nice pics

Kelli said...

he looks like she played quite a game in that jersey. She's plain worn out :)

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Oh it is probably for the best that I wasn't there. I can just hear the evening news now:
"Strange woman tackled baseball legend Johnny Bench at home plate. Security was unable to detach the screaming female from Bench's leg as he struggled to get off the field so the game could start. Full story at 11:00".
And the expense! First the cost of the ticket to the game, then the hotdogs and popcorn, then the bail money...it probably just would have been too much....(heavy, heavy sigh).

Loved the pictures, though. It looks like being in the presence of JB had the same affect on Maddie that it would have had on me...I think she passed out. lol But who could blame her. Lucky girl - she's seen greatness up close and personal now. (Oh great, now I'm envious of a baby. I believe I've stooped to new lows!). And now that I've admitted that much, I don't think there's ANY need to go into my crushing envy that you and your sweetie spent much of your dating time watching the Great JB in action. It's just too much envy for one heart to bear.
Oh yeah, and love your hair color! (But it's lookin' a little green viewed through all the envy you've caused me to suffer!!!)

Diann McDuffie said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! And BTW, I know you say you are in your 50's, but I don't believe it for a minute! There's just no way.

Oh, I'm so excited about the Pumpkin Spice latte' coming soon! I hope they sell the syrup because I make them at home (all day every day!).

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Head on over to my blog, Joan. You've been tagged. You must suffer along with me, as I was tagged as well. lol
Kari