Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Shopping and other stuff





So I went out today to get Karen Kingsbury's new book called Summer but the book store I went to was already sold out of it. :-( So I leave the bookstore and Steinmart's and Homegoods are right in the same shopping area and of course I had to go in for a visit and look what I found at Homegoods. This cute little pink Madison name thingy. I have no idea what you would call this. Anyway did I mention it was pink and it was cute and since it was from Homegoods, it was a good deal. I was so excited about it, I took a picture of it with my cell phone sitting on top of my car and sent the picture to my daughter. Also did I mention, it was the only one there that said Madison and that it was pink. I did finally find Karen's new book but I don't think I'll be able to wait until I go to the beach to read it, it looks too good.



Okay, this is really switching gears but if you can, please pray for the people on the Yucatan Peninsula as they struggle with being hit by Hurricane Dean. I've been lucky enough to go there a few times and the people who live there are friendly and hard working people who depend on travel and tourism for their livelihood.





Safe Travels,





Joan

2 comments:

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

How lucky that you found that! I never find things like that for my Maddy. Her parents spelled her name Madalynn and I'm beginning to think they were "original" thinkers when it came to spelling because NObody else seems to spell it that way.
The people down in Mexico have been in my thoughts, too. What a storm to get slammed with! Having been thru the outer edges of Ivan and knowing what kind of damage we sustained with that, I'm afraid that the people that took a direct hit from Dean will be in recovery mode for years and years.

Christine Boles said...

That looks very cheerful!
Loved the pictures of Sicily~