Thursday, August 30, 2007

Hey Y'All

Paula's Christmas Cookbook



An Apron that Paula Deen sells on her website

Hi Y'all!!! People tend to look at you funny when you're from Ohio and you start talking all southern and your not. But since Paula and I are BFF's, I want to talk just like her. Anyway, I'm so excited, I've been looking for Paula's new cookbook called Paula Deen Celebrates and it's been sold out of the stores I've been too so I went on her website and found out she is coming out with a cookbook at the end of October called Paula Deen's Christmas. Now why do I want this book? Because every year on Christmas Day we have a big open house and for the past few years I've been having a theme to them. Last year it was an Italian Christmas, where I made pizzelles(pizzelles are Italian cookies that are made in this thing that looks like some kind of weird George Forman grill) and had lemoncello etc... So this year I decided it was going to be a southern Christmas and who better to help me then my best friend Paula. Believe me when I tell you this is the one and only thing that I plan way ahead of time for Christmas. For some reason I must have a plan of action for the food months in advance. I'll buy the presents two weeks before Christmas but the food has to be thought out for months. And I love the apron, it is so appropriate for my life right now. We are heading down Paula's way in the next few weeks and I just know she'll want to have me over for sweet tea and biscuits. Either that or she'll have me arrested for stalking. No really, we are going to try and make it to her restaurant in Savannah and I'm not even going to worry about my diet if we make it there. I hope Paula doesn't mind me taking these images off her website but since we are BFF's, I'm sure it'll be fine.

Safe Travels,

Joan

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you go see Paula, make sure to tell Bobby that June says Hi!! I am sure he will remember me and Allison from August when we were there!!!

Beaufort Belle said...

I just giggled over this post. My husband says Paula is my best friend too! He makes sure I have all her cookbooks (which I do) and all of her magazines. I wonder if he is trying to tell me something???? Gee, I hope not. But I am making PD's cream cheese pound cake for church on Sunday. He volunteered me.

Tracy said...

Hi Joan - thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! It's nice to meet you. :)

blessings said...

LOL!! You're too much fun! Blessings... Polly

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

I know for an absolute fact that I will never, ever in a gazillion years be able to cook like Paula Deen. I've accepted that. But I'd sure kill to have her hair!! I just love it. I decided a couple of months ago to stop coloring my hair and just let it go gray. And it's KILLING ME!!! I look like I dumped baby powder on my head. But hopefully, if I can stand it for another 6 or 7 months, my hair will be all grown out and natural. That's a big IF. But, just in case it doesn't work out that way - do me a favor and while you're stalking Paula, ask her if she sells wigs that look like her hair, okay? Thank you so much. And I hope ya'll have a great time down there in Savannah. A little sweet tea and some buddah-milk biscuits sounds pretty good to me, too!
Oh and can I come for Christmas??

sarah cool said...

Hahaha...

Bring me back some sweet tea!!!!! YUM!

Justabeachkat said...

Joan

Well I've missed out on lots of your posts while I was out of town so I'm "catching up" tonight.

I've enjoyed all the posts, but especially this one about my good friend, Paula. Let me tell you...she's even more charming, witty, and beautiful than she looks on TV and in photos. She's a doll! So sweet too.

Hey, if Kari gets to come for your Christmas party, I want to come too.

Hugs!
Kat

Heart 4 My Home said...

I love her show. Not crazy about Paula's Party...she seems to try to hard to go too southern but I like Paula's home cooking. She's one of my favorites on the Food Network.