Monday, August 20, 2007

Rainbow Row and Hummingbirds






These houses are in Charleston, South Carolina. It is called Rainbow Row and my sister Gail just came back from vacation there, where she took this picture. I had told Sophie about them because she had posted pastel houses that are located in Notting Hill in London. Go here and compare the two sets of pastel houses. Let me know if you think they are comparable. Charleston is a wonderful place to visit and so is London.









Okay, I bought this hummingbird feeder back in May. It has the same nectar in it from May. Not one hummingbird came to my feeder all summer until this weekend. Now there are hummingbirds coming everyday. I'm so excited. They must have told all their other hummingbird friends because it's becoming very popular. I know it's hard to see but if you look real hard you can see one on the right side of the feeder. It was hard to get a picture of one because they fly away so fast and there's a slight delay with my digital camera. I know, some of you probably get lots of hummingbirds a day at your house, but I'm still excited to see these pretty little birds.






Safe Travels,






Joan

5 comments:

Knit-Wit said...

I could never get humming birds to visit my feeder and now I live where there are none - but we do have huge beautiful magpies.

I posted a computer How To on my blog to help answer your computer question.

sarah cool said...

I love that picture!!

Charleston is my favorite city. I'm so glad I have family & friends there.

Christine Boles said...

The hummingbirds have been coming to my house~ only for the last month, I suppose~ they seem to like my red canna. They've also had a go at my rose bush; and something in the new garden bed seems to grab their interest.
Hummingbirds are cool!~

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

I don't think I eve saw a hummingbird up close until we moved to Texas. My husband, my sister, my friends...everyone in Florida would go on and on about the hummingbirds they saw and I never ever even caught a glimpse of one!
But here, they're all over. I think it's because the 2 houses back behind us keep their hummingbird feeders full of nectar. I love watching them. So pretty. Glad you're getting some now!

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

Thay are really pretty-thanks so much for posting them!! It's fun to compare different styles of houses in different countries!