Friday, August 3, 2007

Gotta love Goetta


You have to love a town that has a festival that's all about goetta. This weekend it's Goettafest in my neck of the woods. I have a feeling unless you are from Southwest Ohio, you will have no idea what goetta is. In our newspaper this morning, this is how they described goetta; it was brought here in the 1880's by the Germans. Goetta is made from ground pork or beef, pinhead or steelcut oats, onions, salt, pepper and several other spices. Most people like it fried and served with eggs at breakfast. My sister June makes her own goetta and so did my Mom. So this morning I had goetta for breakfast. I have a feeling goetta is not on the weight watchers diet. But sometimes a girl has to have her comfort food. I can't make it to Goettafest but if I did, I would want to try the goetta fudge brownies.
Safe Travels,
Joan

No comments: