Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Pretty Red Nails......

During the big snowstorm this week I decided to paint my nails red. OPI's Malaga Wine red, it's a really deep red wine color. I love having my nails red, I love seeing them all nice and pretty when I type on the computer and I love looking at them but red doesn't want to stay on my nails very long. I can go for about three days before it all starts to chip off. It makes me very sad.....LOL
My nails are more this short length, I can't grow long nails for anything! So does anyone have any favorite nail polish colors? I personally love OPI colors, they are more expensive but seem to be of better quality and you can't help but love the names, like "I'm not really a waitress" red or "My Chihuahua bites" or "An affair in Red Square." I wish I had the job of thinking up the names for the polish! Wouldn't that be fun?

These nails are a little too long for my taste. I'd poke out my eyes just trying to put my contacts in every morning. LOL So go paint your nails a bright red or deep red, it'll brighten your spirits, at least for about three days! Have a wonderful day!!


An add on - I have just realized that many of your comments the past few weeks are going into my spam box so I am so sorry if you have asked me something and I haven't responded. It's because I never look in there. Does anyone know how I can get your comments to start coming back in my inbox? I hate that they are being thrown in spam.

9 comments:

Cathy said...

I love red on my toes in the summer, but I usually go with a more neutral color on my hands.

Jeanette said...

Good idea! I think I will paint my fingernails tonight. Maybe try a good top-coat. I love Sally Hansen Dries Instantly top coat! Dries really fast and works really well!

Donna said...

I'm with you...those nails are too long..they scream, FAKE...
And I've ALSO had email comments showing up in my spam box!! What's up with That??
Happy RED sweetie!!
hughugs

Justabeachkat said...

Hi sweet friend!
OPI is my nail polish of choice.
I love red nails but usually not on me. Most of the year I go with a french manicure on my fingers and color on my toes, usually a pink or coral. But during this fall and winter, I have loved OPI's Royal Rajah Ruby on both my fingers and toes. It's a really dark burgandy color that goes well with blacks or browns and most fall colors. I get lots of positive feedback on this color.

Hugs!
Kat

Donna said...

There is an OPI color that I love on my tootsies. It has a wild name that escapes me right now, LOL. I can't wear polish on my fingernails because it wouldn't last 10 seconds!

YaYa's Funhouse said...

I love OPI. Aren't the name of the color hilarious?
I love Royal Blush Flush on the fingernails.
In the summer I like Cajun Shrimp on the toes. Ready for some of that warm weather tooooo. Have a good weekend.

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

I keep a french manicure on my fingernails, but like my toenails colored. Usually red for the winter...and I have GOT to go get some "My Chihuahua Bites". That is so me! lol
:)
Kari

LZ Blogger said...

Joan ~ That top photo reminds me of how my mom looked in photos in the 1940's. I hope all is well? ~ jb///

Debra from Bungalow said...

Hi Joan,
I used to love that Waitress nailpolish from opi....long ago whrn I got manicures...lol

I see you got lots of snow too. Can you believe we're about to get hit again! Keep warm!