Friday, December 14, 2007

Mr. Magoo, Peppe' Le Pew and Woody Woodpecker

Peppe' Le Pew
Mr. Magoo
Woody Woodpecker
And the woodpecker who thinks my aluminum siding is wood. Really bad photo, but you try and take a picture of a woodpecker from a closed window. LOL




Anyway, this morning as I was getting ready I heard this woodpecker trying to do his woodpecking stuff on the side of my house only there is no wood there, just aluminum siding and brick. Do you think that the phrase birdbrain came because of woodpeckers? Anyway, it got me thinking about my favorite old cartoon characters. We've been talking about a few of them lately. My daughter had never heard of Mr. Magoo. How can a child grow up and not know about Mr. Magoo? My granddaughter Maddie has been making a face that I call her squishy Mr. Magoo face and my daughter keeps asking me, "Who's Mr. Magoo?" HELLO How did you grow up not knowing Mr. Magoo. Wasn't there even a Mr. Magoo Christmas Carol show.?And if you try real hard I bet you can remember Woody's theme music and how it went. But my all time favorite was Peppe' Le Pew. I loved that skunk and how he thought he was a wonderful french lover and always tried to romance the black lady cat with the stripe on her back. So tell me who was your favorite old cartoon and don't tell me you don't remember any of these guys because you will just make me feel old. Have a great weekend and don't panic because there are only 11 days left until Christmas!


12 comments:

CIELO said...

Hi Joan... thank you for visiting my "house in the roses"... it's a pleasure meeting you.

May this be a blessed day for you and yours.

Cielo

Irene said...

Yes, that is definitely a birdbrained bird!

I used to LOVE Mr. Magoo. But I have to say that my favorite cartoons were always Bugs Bunny/Roadrunner. I have been thinking of buying them on DVD for my kids since they have have never seen them and I am sure they will love them.

LivingTheLife said...

Joan...Thanks for your thoughtful words on my blog...I am feeling much better, today...on the mend...thank the Lord.

That woodpecker reminds me of a similar one when I was a kid...great memories...but long story...so I won't bore anyone with that now...maybe a future post though...thanks for rattling my brain.

As far as cartoons...I never watched that many...but my all-time favorite to this day...is Tweetie Bird...not sure if that was the name of the cartoon...but he was my favorite character...he and the little old lady who you never saw, except when she was to move him in his cage....ahhhh..."I thought I saw a puddy cat"...."I did, I did...see a puddy cat"....ok that's sad...either sad that I remember that...or that I only remember those 2 lines...

Blessings...
Teresa

Sandi McBride said...

Poor Woody, maybe you should buy some suet with bugs in it (they do make it,) and hang in the tree...poor mixed up bird!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

This time of year, my favorite would have to be charlie brown. I watched him pick that same poor christmas tree year after year.

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Daffy Duck, baby, hands down! lol I loved Daffy Duck. Still do. But I loved Pepe Le Pew, too. And the RoadRunner. And we used to watch Mr. Magoo every morning before school. I LOVED Mr. Magoo...I wonder if MY kids know who he is. I'll have to ask...

I never could stand Winnie the Pooh, though. And I've never been all that crazy for Mickey Mouse (I know - people all over the world are gasping in horror!). I liked Scrooge McDuck and oh yeah, I really liked Sylvester and Tweety Bird.

Now why am I feeling this almost overwhelming urge to go watch Cartoon Network?? lol

Sandi McBride said...

It's me, I'm back...just want to let you know you've been tagged, so come on over to my place and get the details!
xo
Sandi

Tracy said...

The woodpeckers around here do the same thing. This morning one was pecking on a light on a light pole. Oh & I remember the cartoon characters! :)

Anonymous said...

good afternoon dudes. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been looking allowing for regarding that meticulous make. The prices due to the fact that the velcros are approximately 200 pounds everwhere. But definitively I base this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I really love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good evening dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging for that singular model. The prices seeking the sneakers were around 300 bucks everwhere. But definitively I base this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy those. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

hello people. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been searching for that exact model. The prices due to the fact that the boots were about 340 pounds everwhere. But completely I base this location selling them for half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy those. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon everyone. I'm honestly into shoes and I was digging allowing for regarding that meticulous brand. The prices seeking the sneakers were approximately 180 bucks everwhere. But for all I set this location selling them for half price. I in reality like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase these. what can you say about it?