Saturday, December 22, 2007

All is Calm (well, sort of)

All the presents are wrapped and under the tree. Maddie opened one of hers early. This little grocery cart that she pushes around the house(look she even has her baby in the seat). We got all the food yesterday and it's ready to be cooked so I figure we're about as ready as we can be.



So my sweetie and I went out last night for a nice relaxing dinner in downtown Cincinnati. We went to Palomino's, which I think has locations around the country. Our Palomino's sits right above Fountain Square and we scored a window seat. Yea! They have made an ice skating rink in the middle of the Square and with all the Christmas lights, it was so pretty.



Here's another view from our window seat. My sweetie and I decided to make this an annual tradition each Christmas. It was so nice to sit and relax with a glass of wine and talk and have a wonderful meal. I didn't even count my Weight Watchers points last night because I'm sure the portabella mushroom soup alone busted my points for the day. But it was so worth it. And then we went to Starbucks for a latte and watched the ice skaters(fall down).




This last picture is of our Fountain on the square. It was just a wonderful way to relax before all of the hustle and bustle of running all over comes starting tonight. We are going to our church's Christmas service tonight and it will be crowded. Anyway, I'm trying to get to all of your blogs to wish you a Merry Christmas but if I miss somebody along the way, Merry Christmas to you all!


10 comments:

Rose of Sharon said...

What a beautiful date you had with your hubby! What a goregous view you had. I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas!

Blessings to you and yours! Sharon

Irene said...

That did sound like a wonderful date. I am always so happy that I have a husband that I actually want to still "date".

Have a wonderful Christmas!!!

Btw- my kids have that grocery cart. They love it!

Kellan said...

What beautiful pictures and what a wonderful night for you and your Sweetie - those pictures- that restaurant is like a movie, with the ice rink and wonderful view. I think that is the greatest traditon. Thank you for the nice Christmas wish and kind compliment - I have so enjoyed getting to know you and am so pleased you are my new friend. I wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas - it looks and sounds like you are ready to go. See you soon. Kellan

Knit-Wit said...

Looks like a wonderful time spent with your husband.

Merry Christmas!

sarah cool said...

Ack! I LOOOOVE Palominos. For some reason, it is just one of my top 5 Cincinnati places. YUM!! I'm so glad you guys had such a fun date night. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Sandi McBride said...

Bless Maddie...I like her cart...hope you had a lovely dinner and are all ready for Christmas and that it is a very Merry one!
xo
Sandi
ps
Made the fudge yet?

Michelle said...

merry Christmas to you and your family!

photowannabe said...

Aren't those times with ones sweetie just the best? You sound like you have started a great tradition.
I'm glad I found your blog. Have a very Merry Christmas and a most Happy New Year.

Justabeachkat said...

That sounds like a wonderful way to spend the evening with your hubby! A window seat to that view must have been incredible.

Merry Christmas!
Hugs!
Kat

Maria said...

Love the photos and what a great date! It's so important to take some downtime with your honey during all the hustle and bustle. I think it's a great idea to make it a tradition.