Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas 2007 Just a short note for now





I hope this morning after Christmas finds everyone well and probably a little tired. Ours was great but we had a few mishaps at our home Christmas Eve and day. My mother-in-law took a tumble on our cement driveway Christmas Eve night. Have you ever watched a 70 something year old woman take a fall? It's pretty scary, we thought we might have to take her to the hospital because she cut her chin pretty bad but I was more worried about her breaking a bone. She's seems okay, just bruised. She just lost her footing and fell, I watched her but was helpless to do anything because it happened so fast. And then last night my son's dogs ran away, probably chasing a deer. They found them this morning, very dirty and cold and scared. So we made it through all of that and I'll share some photos later on when I have a chance to breathe. LOL But here's a photo of my favorite little elf, Maddie in her Santa dress and hat. She was so much fun! Be back later and hopefully will catch up with all of your holiday posts!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so glad Jimmy found the dog. He loves those dogs and I know how upset he would be if they were lost for good. Thanks for Christmas Day, we had a fun time just wish we could have stayed longer! Maddie is always so cute!!

June

Justabeachkat said...

Oh Joan! Gosh, I sure hated to read about the mishaps! My Mom is in her seventies too so I can only imagine how frightening that was! I hope she's truly okay. I'm sure it scared it as much as it did you all. And I know how scared your son must have been too. We thought Miss Daisy was gone one time and I KNOW how scared we were. She was closed up in the pantry the whole time. LOL The photo of Miss Maddie is adorable! I think she looks so much like you, which means you're both adorable!

Hugs sweet friend!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Oh no, poor Grammies! Wouldn't be Christmas without drama, though, huh? I'll have to call Melissa for all the details later on today... it looks like Madison had a wonderful Christmas! Wish I could've been there! Love you all!

Kellan said...

So glad she was okay - that could have been much worse. And glad the dogs were found safe too. That's a darling picture. Glad you had a good Christmas - we did too. See you later. Kellan

Michelle said...

how scary about the fall! glad to hear she's ok and nothing broke. Also glad the dogs were found!

Maria said...

I'm glad your MIL is ok! Your grandbaby is adorable in that outfit. Glad you had a good holiday. Get some rest!

Irene said...

That was scary! So glad things turned out OK.

And I LOVE the santa suit on Maddie!!!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I have just spent some time getting to know you. i just found you and your wonderfully interesting blog spot. Please come visit me at Daisy Bouquet Blog spot. Merry Christmas to you and your family

Sandi McBride said...

So sorry about your mishaps, but thankfully it all came right! Maddie is a little beauty, what a cherry sight!
xo
Sandi