Saturday, December 29, 2007

Saturday Stuff

Here's one more recipe I made on Christmas Day along with Sandi's fudge and Kat's meatballs. This one is from my BFF Paula's Christmas Cookbook and it's a keeper. It's so easy to make and if you are having company over for New Years they will eat it up fast. It only has two ingredients, so what could be easier then that?



~ Sausage Swirls~



Two 8 ounce refrigerated crescent dinner rolls

1 pound ground sausage, mild for kids, hot for adults or sage if you prefer



1) Separate 1 can of dough into 4 rectangles. Firmly press the perorations to seal. Take the uncooked sausage and cut it into 8 chunks. Using 4 chunks of the sausage, spread each of the rectangles with a thin layer(about 1/8 inch thick). Starting at the short end, roll each rectangle tightly into a cylinder. Repeat with the other can of dough and remaining sausage. Place on a plate, cover with plastic wrap, and chill until firm, about 30 minutes, then cut each roll into 4 slices.

2) When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375. Place the sausage swirls 1/2 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and sausage is thoroughly cooked.

Paula said you can cook these ahead of time and reheat them in the oven. I hope Paula didn't mind but I added a little something to the recipe. Take a jar of your favorite marinara sauce and heat it up and serve it along side of the sausage rolls as a dipping sauce. Everyone loved dipping these little sausage rolls in the marinara sauce. Anyway I'll put this recipe on Leah's Recipe Exchange . I also have a link to Leahs on my sidebar so check it out for more good recipes. I have a really good recipe for cucumber sandwiches and hot artichoke dip,on the exchange so check them out also. If you serve all of these things at your New Years Party along with some pink champagne, your party will be a hit. Yes, I admit I love pink champagne, not only is it pretty but it's good. Are you really surprised that I would drink something pink? LOL Anyway, I really am not much of a cook but I seemed to do well with finger foods. Just a few ideas I thought I would share.





And just because I love this photo of Maddie. I just had to post it. She loves looking out the window and yesterday I got this shot and her reflection in the glass while she was watching out the window. Can you see her reflection in the window? I thought it was cool. Irene from Our piece of the world has been giving me pointers on working the camera. I know that not using the flash is best but my hands are not very steady and you need steady hands or a tripod when not using a flash. Anyway, check out her blog and see how good she's becoming with her camera. Longer post than I intended but have a great weekend!


7 comments:

Maria said...

That really is a sweet shot!

Also,I'm going to check out that meatball recipe!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I wanted to wish you and your family a very blessed and Happy New Year. Have a great week.!

Katie said...

I love the picture of Buttons!

Justabeachkat said...

Yum! Those sausage swirls sound wonderful. I'm gonna give them a try...soon. Thanks.

That photo of Maddie is incredible!
Good job. I bet it would be good in black and white too. So sweet.

Enjoy your weekend.

Hugs from Paradise!
Kat

photowannabe said...

Have a great weekend too and thanks for the easy recipe. I think I can manage that one quite nicely.
I just wanted to wish you a happy New Year. May it be filled with joy and health.

Irene said...

Mmmmmm! That food sounds so good. I am so hungry now and my mouth is watering!

Thanks for compliment too! That was really nice of you!

Sandi McBride said...

Maddie is a little doll baby...I'm going to try your sausage swirls...they sound delish...one day soon I'm going to tell everyone how my Mother In Law made tomato gravy and started a family tradition...wish my niece were close by (Kari at Just Livin' Large) so I could make her some...I think your picture came out just perfectly perfect...of course the subject helped that along!
hugs

Sandi