I've been tagged by Sandi at Holding Patterns to name 12 random things about me that has to do with Christmas. Now I know there's rules but I never play completely by the rules so if anyone wants to play along please do so. It's a fun little game to learn more about each other. So here goes:
1) Growing up, we always celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve.
2) My Mom would leave a trail of cotton (which was suppose to be Santa's beard) to our tree.
3) We would leave to go pick up my Grandma and when we returned, Santa would have been at our house.
4) When I got married, my sweetie and I celebrated on Christmas Day.
5) Every Christmas morning, I would make Pillsbury cinnamon rolls for my kids, you would have thought it was the greatest thing in the world the way they looked forward to those rolls. My daughter plans on making cinnamon rolls with Maddie this year.
6) Before anyone could open their presents each Christmas morning, my sweetie would read the Christmas story from the Bible so our kids would know the real reason for celebrating Christmas.
7) My son Jimmy would try to stay awake all night to see of Santa came. He never made it through the night and then it became we would have to wake them all up as they got older.
8) Each Christmas Eve we celebrate with my whole family and then we go to my sweetie's side with all his cousins and kids. It's great, they are all Italian and make the best food.
9) On Christmas Day, we have a open house. Sometimes there's close to 50 people who come in and out. It's crazy and I am tired by the end of the day. But it's fun.
10) It's so much fun with Maddie(my granddaughter). Seeing Christmas through her eyes is just fun.
11) My sweetie and I do not usually give each other gifts on Christmas Day. Sometimes he surprises me but usually we agree to use that money on something else. Like going somewhere warm in the middle of winter. :-)
12) Our church does not have Christmas Day services. They have a Christmas program the weekend before to give the many volunteers time with their families.
Okay, now that wasn't so hard. So feel free to tell 12 random things about your Christmas either past or present or both. And let me know if you do it so I can read all about your traditions. Merry Christmas and thanks Sandi for including me in the fun!