Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Note

I was browsing the book store in search of Karen Kingsbury's newest book when I came upon this book called The Note. The photo on the front caught my attention first and then I read the back of the book and here is what it says:
When the unthinkable happens.....
En route from New York's LaGuardia Airport to Tampa International, Flight 848 bursts into flames and crashes into Tampa Bay. All 261 passengers and crew are killed. For one week, newspaper columnist Peyton MacGruder and her fellow reporters cover one of the nation's worst air disasters in years with overwhelming and numbed emotions.
Then a woman Peyton's never met gives her a plastic bag that has washed up behind her house. The bag contains a note, almost certainly from the doomed flight, with a simple yet wrenching message:
T ~ I LOVE YOU. ALL IS FORGIVEN ~ DAD
Combing through the passenger list to find the victims whose children's names begin with T, Peyton is determined to deliver the note to it's proper owner. A quest that will prove as important to Peyton's own life as to the mysterious T.

I am about a fourth of the way through this book and it is good. You guys know I am a big Karen Kingsbury fan so I am thrilled to find another author. The woman who wrote this book is Angela Hunt and this book is considered women of faith fiction. In her author's note at the back of the book she writes about how God has written mankind such a note as the one above. Just like the fathers in the book, He loves, He cares, He mourns when his children leave Him out of their lives. He wants us to know he loves us and has forgiven our neglect of this all important relationship.
Maybe that is what drew me to this book. In the note he doesn't say that this thing is forgiven or that thing is forgiven but all is forgiven. Awesome....
On an end note, this book has been made into a Hallmark movie you can go here to check it out. It is on this Saturday @ 9pm on the Hallmark Channel, it stars Genie Francis. It does look like they have changed a few things. The location is North Carolina instead of Tampa and it is Christmas time instead of the summer but they always do that in movies. I am going to DVR this movie. I don't know how this book will translate into a movie. Sometimes a good book doesn't make a good movie and sometimes a book I can hardly get through makes a good movie. Who knows why, either way check out the book, it is a good read. Have a good day!



15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, pass that one on when you are done. I have the new Karen Kingsbury and will give it to you next time I see you. The kids are on a two hour delay because of the snow - I hate two hour delays, just call them off already.

June

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a really great book!

I *loved* two hour delays, and almost wish I was back in school so I could have one, too! Do they give two hour delays to work?

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

I am so excited about this movie because Genie Francis (ie. Laura of "Luke and Laura" on General Hospital) is in it. I saw her on The View on Monday talking about it. It's good to know that you like the book so far.

Katie

Kellan said...

This sounds like a great book and I would like to see the movie - I like Genie Francis (from the old General Hospital days) - take care and thanks for the review. Kellan

Terri Steffes said...

Ok, I am sold and heading to Amazon to see if I can find it!

Nunnie's Attic said...

Thanks for the heads up. Now funny thing. My nieces and nephews all call me T. They always have and no one knows why. There ain't a single T in any of my names, married included. HA!

Love,
Julie

Sandi McBride said...

Sounds like something I'd like. If you haven't read "The Lovely Bones" it's a must read!
xo
Sandi

Justabeachkat said...

Thanks...sounds good. I'll DVR the movie too.

Hugs!
Kat

Michelle said...

You commented on my blog a while ago and I just realized I hadn't had a chance to come over and thank you! (I am so far behind I don't think I'll ever catch up!) Congrats on the 2 grandbabies expected next year!

This does sound like a great book, you've got me intrigued and I'm going to check our local bookstore for it now!

Knit-Wit said...

I saw the preview for that movie on TV. I'm sure the book will be better - it usually is.

photowannabe said...

Books usually are better than the adaptation but who knows? Angela Hunt is unfamiliar to me, I'll have to check her out.
To answer your question, yes that is Lake Tahoe from the California side of the Lake. Taken at Vikingsholm viewpoint. It was so windy that day, I could hardly stand to take the picture. Got some dust in my lens that i can't seem to remove.

Christine Boles said...

I saw the advertisement for this movie, and made a note to watch it~ looks good. I hadn't realized it was a book, too! Thanks!

judy said...

Hi Joan,

I'd love to read that book after you and June finish it. It really sounds good. I also have the new Karen Kingsbury book. I thought you had already read it. Let me know if June doesn't give it to you; it is really good also.

Judy

kari and kijsa said...

Karen Kingsbury is great (almost as great as Francine Rivers)! We haven't checked this one out yet, but it sounds wonderful! Thanks for the heads up!

Have a very blessed day!

smiles, kari and kijsa