Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Day - Christmas Eve is below this post

Here are Kat's from Just a beach Kat sweet and sour meatballs. You can go here for a step by step recipe. They are so easy to make and oh so good. My sweetie ate about a dozen while I was making them so I had to make lots more. LOL I knew they were good when he kept coming back for more. Thanks Kat!
And here's my sweetie (in the shorts) telling one of his famous stories, usually about our kids. He's great at telling these stories and always has everyone laughing. That's his brother Kevin in the photo and his sister Karen in the background and Kevin's girlfriend Sherra sitting down.
And here's a classic Christina (my youngest daughter) shot and her friend Amanda. Maddie kept going under the dining room table to play and eat so the girls thought they would do the same thing. The funny thing is and you can't see it in this photo was that Maddie was watching them and looking at them like they were nuts. LOL Crazy girls!


Sandi from Holding Patterns gave me the recipe for this fudge. It's a Paula Deen recipe and when I first read about it on Sandi's blog I just couldn't believe it. It has velveeta cheese in it! But she convinced me to try it and she was so right, this stuff is awesome! There's something about putting the cheese in there that makes it so much better. Anyway it's so easy to make and if you want to try it go here to get the recipe. Thanks Sandi!
Here's my daughter Melissa and fellow blogging buddies and real life friends Kevin & Sarah. They stopped by for a visit and also brought me some pink Pinot Grigio in a pink Santa bag. Do you think my love of pink is well known? LOL Thanks guys!
Maddie was much more interested in Cleo's(my kitty) toys she got for Christmas then in all of the toys she got. Christina and Maddie had a ball playing with Cleo's presents. Cleo couldn't have cared less about the cat toys. LOL


.


And this last photo is of me wearing sandals. Everyone thinks my sweetie and I are crazy because he wears shorts on Christmas Day and I wear sandals. I think we are meant to be in a warmer climate. It was a wonderful time spent with our family and friends and I hope I didn't overload you all with too many photos and stuff. So now comes the taking down of the decorations, which I am going to work on today. I think I'd rather go shopping or go see a movie.

Hope all of your holidays were wonderful also!



8 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

I'm so glad you and hubby liked the meatballs. They are a family favorite. I'm gonna try the fudge too when my Mom and Aunt come the first week of January. They love fudge too. It was a little too cold for my sandals this year, but I know what you mean...it's the fun part of living here in Paradise, right?!

Hugs!
Kat

Kellan said...

It looks like it was a wonderful time Joan - with great food and loving family - so glad you had a good Christmas. See you soon. Kellan

photowannabe said...

Joan, you look like you had a fabulous Christmas with your wonderful family. Those look like great recipes too. I think I will have to try them, especially that crazy fudge recipe.

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Those meatballs looks so yummy. Gonna have to save that recipe.
Fantastic photos and from the looks of them all you had a fabulous Christmas.

Have a wonderful weekend and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Blessings,
Sandy :)

Katie said...

Sorry we couldn't make it to the Christmas Open House. Thanks for the invite. It looks like a good time was had by all! Here's to a healthy new year and many fun new recipes.

Myra said...

So it's supposed to be in the mid 80's here tomorrow--maybe you were meant to live in Grand Island like me! :)

I'm glad you had a good Christmas!

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Dang. What was I thinking? I should have come to YOUR house for Christmas...all that great food! lol
I had never heard of the Velveeta cheese fudge either. My friend Susan and I are still debating whether of not we want to try it. lol I know Aunt Sandi says it's a Southern recipe, but I'm thinking it must be a REGIONALLY Southern recipe because neither Susan nor I can remember ever hearing of it before. But you say it's good, huh? Maybe I'll try it out...

Glad your Christmas was fun - ours went pretty well, too. It's sad that it's over, but now I've got a whole year to plan the next one. lol
Happy New Year!
Kari

Sandi McBride said...

Woo hoo, another winter sandal wearer! Love the nail polish!!! I
know you had fun with Kat...she seems to be a fun sort of girl! So glad you liked the fudge! Happy New Year!!!
hugs
Sandi