Thursday, December 20, 2007

A Bunch of Stuff

Warning! This is a long post with lots of photos! The pictures are not in the order I wanted them to be, but I'm not in the mood to fight with blogger today. So you win today blogger but next time I will win.This first photo is of the dinner at my friend Mickie's house. She's the lady on the right. This lady is 8o something years old and she had a few of us over for dinner the other night. We are all travel agents and most of us work at the same agency. In fact two of these ladies are over 80 years old and still are doing travel work and traveling all over the world. Anyway, Mickie is so cute, she must have made five desserts and had so much food and she put a little stocking for each of us on the back of our chairs and we each had our own little Christmas salt and pepper shakers at our seats along with ornaments that she bought for us all when she was in Germany this summer. She lost her husband of 60 something years this past Spring and it's been hard for her and she has no children living near by. I had a great time with these ladies.


This past weekend, we went with my daughter and son in law and Maddie for brunch with Santa. This is Maddie and Grandpa watching the Grinch before we went in to eat, they both looked into to it, don't they?
Here's a photo of how pretty the dining room was decorated for the brunch, Santa came in on a fire truck.
Maddie liked Santa's elf but we didn't go near the big guy himself because he's not her favorite person.
Here is a photo of Maddie last year with Santa. She was too little to care about him.
And here is a photo with the same Santa this year. If you look close, she's crying and mommy had to get in the photo. Really if looks could kill, Santa would be long gone in Maddie's world. First she looks at him like he's taking up too much space in her world, then she starts to cry. It really is funny.



And last weekend my sweetie and I went to see this movie. I like Will Smith and he is really good in this movie. This movie has gotten mixed reviews and I tend to agree with some of the movie critics on this one. The first half of the movie had some pretty fascinating stuff. Will Smith is the last man on Manhattan in 2012 after an infection kills most of mankind. Actually it was a cure for cancer that ends up wiping out the human race. Will Smith plays a scientist and the first scene in the movie he's chasing deer with a rifle down the streets of New York. He's somehow immune to the infection. But what's cool is seeing New York with grass covering Times Square and cars everywhere and bridges blown up and no people anywhere. I mean it's pretty interesting stuff, how he and his dog follow a schedule everyday, where they hunt and go to a video store that he has put mannequins in to talk to and work to find a vaccine to cure the virus. And he flashes back to how it all happened. So that part was good, then comes the night and the mutant/zombies come out to play. Now for some reason I didn't read the part about mutant/zombies before we went to see this. They scared the you know what out of me. I'm not a fan of mutant/zombies. And these are not your average mutant/zombies, they are smart and almost super human and they come out at night and want your blood and of course to make you a mutant/zombie like them. It just felt like it was two different movies and the ending just left me feeling like something was missing. I would not take young kids to this movie. The mutants are really, really scary. I'm hoping to go and see P.S. I Love You this weekend and I really hope it's good. Hey, I just thought of something, do you think that Maddie thinks Santa is a mutant/zombie? LOL Sorry for the long post and good for you if you read the whole thing. Have a great day!





8 comments:

Knit-Wit said...

Your comment "I'm not a fan of mutant/zombies" cracked me up. Who is a fan of mutant/zombies?

Sorry to hear about that part in the movie. I was starting to think it would be a good flick to see until you mentioned the mutant/zombies!

Have a wonderful Christmas!

judy said...

You must tell me how "PS I Love You" is. The girls are taking me out to lunch and a movie for a belated birthday present and I am thinking about seeing that movie with them.

Judy

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, Joan, sounds like you've been as busy as I have!

yes, those glass blocks can be found at Home Depot or Lowes. They are the same that you would use in a bathroom or wherever.

Hope you & your family have a wonderful Christmas week!

Hugs,
Rhoda

Kellan said...

Great pictures - it's so funny how little kids don't cry when they are tiny, but when they get just a bit older they totally freak out - what is it, the beard?? All kids cry with Santa at one time or the other, but they are still adorable pictures. Thanks for the review on the movie - my husband wants to see that one. We'll be seeing lots of movies over the holidays,I imagine. Take care and I'll see you soon. Kellan

Justabeachkat said...

Why is it most kids are afraid of Santa? Poor Maddie! I loved the photo of her and Granddad.

I like Will Smith, but I heard the movie isn't good. We saw Enchanted last night...not good either.

Christmas hugs!
Kat

Christine Boles said...

I'd love to see a grass-covered Time Square, but I'm a sissy when it comes to super-human mutant/zombies.....

Sandi McBride said...

Maddie is a little beauty but then I haven't seen a grandchild yet that I couldn't just squeeze to pieces, lol...thanks for the heads up on the movie, think I'll wait for the dvd! If there's any pants peeing from fear I'd rather be at home, lol
Merry Christmas Joan to you and the whole family...
xo
Sandi and the Mob

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I can't even begin to imagine the christmas memories with sweet Maddie. She is a doll!
Merry christmas y'all!
Sandi