Monday, December 31, 2007

Looking forward to 2008






I thought this little graphic was so appropriate for my life in 2008 with two new grandbabies on the way, one the end of March and one the end of May. I've named 2008 the year of babies. We have two coming in our immediate family and my niece is having twins (a boy and girl) in May and my nephew is also having a baby. That's alot of babies and it's so exciting, I can't wait to meet them all. You all know how much I adore my little Maddie, I can't even imagine two more little ones to love on.


There are some things I want to accomplish in 2008 also. I want to learn how to knit because there are lots of babies to make things for so I'm hoping to learn in January. I'm not sure how many journeys I'll be making next year. Right now we have our reservations for our family vacation in Hilton Head done for September so that's something to look forward to. With all of the babies and things we have to do around our house we might not get to visit a new place next year. Each year I try to visit somewhere I've never been before even if it's just around the corner. Of course I will try to lose those last 10 pounds, hahaha.......... and I am really going to try and be more organized, hahahaha.......and I really want to strengthen my back so I can carry those babies around, that is something I really need to do. And I want to get to know all my new blogging buddies better, I feel so blessed by all of you who visit me and leave such nice comments. We are just staying in tonight and grilling out. Two new grandbabies in 2008, what could be more exciting! As my new blogging friend Lille Meg from Norway would say "Godt nytt ar" which I think means have a Happy New Year.

15 comments:

Fran said...

Happy New Year!

I am glad I found your blog! Sounds like an exciting 2008 coming up!

Fran

ReminisceHeirlooms said...

Thank you for stopping by to Reminisce. I am enjoying your blog and will be back as well. You have a beautiful family- so much to be thankful for. ;)

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

It sounds like your calendar is already full!
I am a knitter~ once you get hooked you'll be turning out all kinds of blankets.
Happy New Year Ya'll!

Maria said...

You have so much to look forward to in the new year! Yeah!

You'll love knitting. So far I've only made scarves and a lap afghan. Oh potholders too! I plan to knit a baby afghan before this summer for my first great-niece or great-nephew on my side of the family. We can maybe find the same pattern (an easy one) and do it together to support one another along the way! Lion Brand has tons of free patterns.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Sounds like you have lots to look forward to in 2008. I'd like to learn to knit as well...we'll see!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I think learning to knit is a fablious idea. Happy New Year

Donna said...

Really pretty blog! Just dropping in to say hello and Happy New Years!

Kellan said...

New babies make for a wonderful New Year and I hope it is that for you - Wonderful!! Hope to see lots of you in 2008. Kellan

Sandra Evertson said...

Adorable!
Happy New Year!
Sandra Evertson

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR sweet Joan.

Ive just emailed you :)

Luv Shann xo

Sandi McBride said...

Happy New Year Joan...babies for the new year, now that's a good thing!
South Carolina can't wait to welcome you back!
xo
Sandi

Katie said...

Happy New Year!

photowannabe said...

I just want to wish you the very best New Year possible. Grandbabies...there's nothing like them....mine are all past the baby stages but Grandchildren are the best.
Thanks for visiting my blog and all of your nice comments. I am really looking forward to seeing what 2008 will bring.
Sue

Justabeachkat said...

Happy New Year! I wish many blessings for you and your family in 2008! Two new grandchildren will certainly be blessings. So exciting! We have 9 grandchildren...each one is so different, which makes them special in their own ways. You'll see.

Hugs sweet friend!
Kat

Knit-Wit said...

I need to work off the 10 pounds I gained since Thanksgiving (thanks to my daughter's fudge). I also have some baby knitting to do. I want to knit little baby socks for the crisis pregnancy center.