Thursday, December 6, 2007

Cold Morning Walk

My sister June and I walked this morning in the 17 degree weather and this is how the river looked from the walking path. If you click on the photo you can see the steam rising from the water. We were the only brave souls out by the river except for an old man walking his dog. If we had a mall close to us it would be great to go and mall walk but any mall is at least a half hour away. But it wasn't too bad, we were both pretty bundled up. My sweetie's taking me out to get some warm walking clothes this weekend, so I'll be ready to go. He was a runner and knows just the kind of gear I'll need to walk in the cold. Here's hoping for warmer weather soon!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture turned out good with the steam coming off the river! I wasn't too cold this morning. But, hope tomorrow is a little warmer! See ya,

June

Irene said...

Very cool picture! I love getting out for a run/walk in the cold. It is always much more quieter and peaceful since most people tend to stay indoors. And, once I get warmed up, the cold doesn't bother me at all. It feels great!

Sandi McBride said...

Twas in the low 30's here, cold enough for me...can't believe you two went walking in that cold air! But the river looks lovely.

Kellan said...

How beautiful - the picture and the thought of you walking in the early morning with your sister. Take care - Kellan

Peta said...

Gorgeous photo, what a lovely, serene place to walk.

Justabeachkat said...

Beautiful photo! Good for you for walking regardless of the temp!

Hugs!
Kat

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

It's supposed to get up to 80 degrees here today. I'm envying you your 17 degree weather! It's December...that means its TIME.TO.BE.COLD. Would somebody PLEASE call Mother Nature and tell her to chill out a little bit in my area? Thank you. :)

Christine Boles said...

Stunning~ our good ol' Ohio River!