Friday, August 1, 2008

It's Friday!!

I can't believe it's August 1st. The weeks seem to fly by anymore. One day it's Monday and then I blink and it's Friday. I thought these photos of Maddie were cute, she get's really excited when she sees herself in the mirror. She'll talk to the toddler in the mirror and smile and laugh at her. I'm not sure what she's thinking but it sure is funny to watch. This was at a Macy's store yesterday. Mommy and Sydney were looking for a dress to wear to a wedding and Maddie and Grandma(me) made a pitstop. The big mirror in their restrooms kept her entertained for awhile. LOL




I also wanted to show you a few photos I took last weekend when I was at the Reds ballgame. Our Great American Ballpark sits on the Ohio River and these photos are from the Ohio side looking over at Kentucky. I grew up on this river, fishing and boating etc..., so the River holds a special place for me. That funny shaped building(the blue one) is the Ascent. It's a new set of Condo's that look over the River and the Cincinnati skyline. The are very expensive but they have great views! The bridge is called the Roebling Bridge but we Cincinnatians call it the Suspension bridge. Today's my Mother-in Law's birthday! Happy Birthday Lynn! We are going out to eat to celebrate with her tonight. It's a big one for her but not sure if she wants me to share the number. LOL Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!




12 comments:

Brenda said...

Have fun tonight!

Little ones sure can give us plenty to smile about. Love the photos!

Sandi McBride said...

Maddie is such a cutie pie...I don't blame her for wanting to chat...she knows a quality person when she sees one! Lovely pictures and I've always had a soft spot for the Reds...right after the Cubbies...can't tell you why I'm such a Cubbie fan...it's a mystery!
hugs
Sandi

Knit-Wit said...

I am slowly getting caught up on all my blog reading. Looks like you are having a very fun grandma summer with those new little babies and that sweet little toddler.

Sally said...

Aw, look at that cutie pie lookin' at herself!! That is too precious.

Happy Birthday to you M-I-L; have a nice time tonight, and a great weekend!! :)

Sally said...

P.S. Love the other pictures too. Those condo's look interesting!! :)

Justabeachkat said...

Awwww....Maddie sure looks cute. I think most children are fascinated with seeing themselves. Our Miss Daisy used to bark every time she saw herself. Too funny!

Great photos of the city. It's been along time since we've been there. We used to come for a tennis tournament.

Have fun tonight!
Hugs!
Kat

Jeanne said...

Those pictures of Maddie in the mirror are so cute. Such simple pleasures for little kids. We should all enjoy. Love the pictures from the ballpark. That apartment building is very interesting looking. Wonder what the units look like near the top?

Kellan said...

The weeks are flying by for me too and I can't believe how fast this summer has gone! Cute pictures of Maddie - what a cutie!

Have a great weekend, Joan - Kellan

Donna said...

Happy belated Birthday to Lynn!! Little Sugars is Adorable!!! I can almost hear her laughing!!LOL...That building is...Gorgeous! SO Futuristic!! Hope you're having a Wonderful weekend sweetie!!hughugs

photowannabe said...

What a sweetheart. That is such a delightful age. have a wonderful time.

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Happy Birthday, Miss Lynn!

Love the pictures of Cincy, Joan. Very interesting to me. Hey, does Johnny Bench have a place in that condo building? I'm thinking I could take up mountain climbing or something so I could peek in on him, if he does. LOL

The pictures of Maddie in the mirror are too funny. Who knew a kid could be so easily entertained? Sweet!

Kari

Maria said...

I love the photos of Maddie. We have a video of our oldest son talking to the "kid in the mirror" when he was about 2 years old. It was so much fun!

I love seeing some of your town. There is so much to see in our wonderful country!