Monday, August 25, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

I'm busy, busy, busy today. First I am watching the two girls while Mommy is at the doctors and then I am off for some maintenance(getting hair done). We are also having a new washer delivered. Exciting stuff. LOL Our old washer just gave out this weekend so my sweetie and I went to Sears and bought a new front loading one. If there's a deal to be had, my sweetie will try to deal. He met his match with our sales lady though, she was good and he was working his very best to get a better deal. Did you know it costs more to get a washer in a color(like candy apple red)? Loved the red washer but decided to go with the white one. The front loading ones are cool though. Anyway after I get my hair done my sisters are coming over for one last swim with the kids before school starts back this week and my niece Allison(aka Pippi) is going to try and teach me some of Photo Shop Elements. I need all the help I can get and she knows how to work this program and I'm going to teach her how to bead jewelry. So I am still trying to catch up with everyone's blogs and even some of Brenda's Photo Challenge from Saturday(wasn't that one fun?). I'll get there it's just that this time of year is always a little crazy. I also have some awards to pass on. Here's a photo from this weekend. Papa and I were out on our date night Friday when Maddie's Mom called and told us Maddie was all out of ice cream. So what's a Grandma and Grandpa to do? Well, we made an ice cream stop on the way home. LOL Happy Monday!


11 comments:

Sally said...

Well, certainly ya'll had to make an ice cream stop for that precious little doll baby!! :)

Hey, I know what you mean about those washers and dryers; girl they are out of sight with those colors!! Unbelievable prices. I'll take my plain ol white one!!

Have a great day busy girl!!!

Maria said...

What sweet grandparents you are to get Maddie ice cream. I love it!

Enjoy your day today with your sisters.

Donna said...

Ice cream runs are a MUST!!Lolol...Good Grandparents!! I suffered the front loader sticker shock as well, but got the silver one....Lots more bending and stooping...I didn't get the risers!! should have...Happy day sweetie!hughugs

Brenda said...

You're a fine Grandma and PaPa! I'm out of ice cream too. :-(

Have a great week with that new washer!

Donna said...

What a cutie pie!

Glad you were able to wheel and deal for a new washing machine. And if you learn any cool tricks with Photoshop, we're going to be expecting more pictures! LOL!

photowannabe said...

Well that proves you are the genuine Grandparents. That little girl has you wrapped around her little finger just like mine do. Love the ice cream smile.

Justabeachkat said...

Joan

What a cute photo of Miss Maddie!

I have a front loading washer and dryer. New ones....just 2 years old. Mine are Kitchenade Ensembles. I love them, but I've learned that the front loading washers have a problem with mildew. I'm not sure why. I've found that I have to leave my door open for awhile after I take the laundry out, including the drawer where I put the detergent. I let things dry out and then close them. That helps. Just thought you needed to know.

Hugs!
Kat

Jeanne said...

It's almost the end of summer gotta get all those ice cream cones in while you can.

Sandi McBride said...

I've made my share of ice cream runs, lol...hope you enjoy your new washer...did you get a new matching dryer???
hugs
Sandi
ps
love the new banner

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

It sounds like a fun time. Sending you warm thoughts tonight, Love Nita

Girl Raised in the South said...

Just like everyone else I love, love those front loading candy apple red applicances, but I'm figuring there's little chance they'll both go out at the same time, and I wont be able to find that red again, ten or fifteen years from now, so I'm with you - white is a good thing. White matches white. I even loved the Martha Stewart version of the stand mixer in red, but when I get weary of that it'd drive me nuts, so again I made the boring choice. White.