Saturday, August 23, 2008

BRENDA'S PHOTO CHALLENGE ~ SWEETS

I can't believe it's time for Brenda's Photo Challenge again. The theme this time is "SWEETS" and Tegan is our hostess today. So go over to Brenda's Photo Challenge Blog and see who's playing this time. Okay, for this challenge I went back in my photo files and to get a few photos of the trip my sweetie and I took for our 30th anniversary and our both turning 50. That was two years ago. We went on a Mediterranean cruise and stopped at many wonderful places but when I heard that the theme was sweets, I knew I had photos from the Barcelona Market in Spain that would fit this theme.

These first two photos are of the Barcelona Market just off of Las Ramblas. There are many things to see and do in Barcelona but we decided just to walk up and down Las Ramblas. It's pretty cool with vendors and stores lining the whole street but we spent a good couple of hours at this market where I took dozens of photos. It was an amazing market. The top "SWEET' photo is of a lady and her "SWEET' fruit. And the bottom photo is of some kind of candy they were selling there. Very "SWEET.'
This last photo was in Sicily in a little place called Taormina. It is very hilly and has uneven walkways. I twisted the heck out of my ankle there because I was looking out at the magnificent views and not the ground. But these two old guys with their produce got my attention for two reasons. First I thought they were cute and second my sweetie's grandfather came from Sicily and started a produce business here in Cincy. Anyway didn't mean to make this about a travel post but these photos all have "SWEETS" in them and they make me want to go back to Europe. Have a good one and I can't wait to see everyone's photos and what the next challenge will be. This was fun!





20 comments:

Brenda said...

I love your "Sweet" photos and I love how you captured the awesome colors in each one of them. They're great!

Donna said...

Wonderful photos!!!!!! Now I want to go to Europe too!

jenn said...

That market looks amazing!

Cindra said...

Love the photos... makes me want to be there. My kind of sweets... healthier for me.

Jeanne said...

What vivid colors and a wonderful selection of 'sweets'. Those cherries make me want a handful..or two...

Donna said...

Look at those Sweet "egg" candies!!! Goodness!! I love these Joan! Those men on the sidewalk...awwww.....Bet the country is beautiful!!! Well done sweetie!!hughugs

Sally said...

Whoa GIRL you blew me away with this!! Great pictures, wonderful commentary. Next time, take me with you please; I'll be good. :)

Jeanette said...

That last picture is colorful and delicious looking.

The Hallman Tribe said...

It all looks delish. I love the first photo. YUM. Great work, and I want to go on that trip someday!

Karen said...

YUM! Both the subject and the places! We visited Barcelona and I remember Las Ramblas. Lots of fun memories. Loved your photos.

Anonymous said...

What wonderfully colorful photos! I would probably have the same problem; not watching where I was going because of there being so much to look at! Thanks for sharing.

Tabitha said...

Great photos ~ love the fruit!
love and hugs XXXX

Tonjia said...

great pictures and great idea for a contest!

I hear Spain is beautiful..

Joni said...

all of your sweets look yummy and what a bonus to see them from places afar!

Justabeachkat said...

Sweet photos of sweet places from a sweet blog friend.

Hugs!
Kat

Karen M said...

All your pictures are great! But my favorite is that first one of the fruit market. It looks so yummy!!

Fran said...

Taormina was my very favorite place we visited in Sicily....in Italy for that matter! Everything was so clean and beautiful.

Fran

Annie said...

wow..wonderful photos...and colors!

I don't think I have been to visit your blog before...nice to meet you and learn a little about you, Joan.

I will be back to read more later! Am a little busy with a grandsons baptism in NY tomorrow and then packing to go back to Australia!

Annie

Sharon said...

Great photos - so bright and vibrant. I love going to markets - it's one of my favourite pastimes.

teegs said...

very yummy!!

I'd eat your pictures if i could.

thanks for playing!