Friday, August 15, 2008

When Electronics Go Bad

Well, I have to ship my pretty pink camera off to the camera doctor. I take it everywhere with me and today when I tried to take photos at our weekly lunch with my Dad, it was shaking something awful. So after lunch I ran over to the big Mall here in Cincy where they have a Sony store and they told me it would have to go to the camera hospital to be worked on. I am bummed. This camera is not even a year old yet so it is covered under the warranty but it's the one that I carry everywhere with me because it's so little and lightweight and they said it would take up to three weeks to fix. Three weeks without my beautiful pink goddess!! Thank goodness I have another camera but it is bigger and I don't like to carry it everywhere. Sometimes electronics can be a pain in the neck. I also had to take my IPod touch to the Apple store when I was at the mall. It kept playing the same song over and over again. Hey,I love Sherry from the Jersey Boys but not over and over. Anyway I guess I pressed a little button that made the same song repeat over and over again. All they had to do was unpress the button for me. So they showed me what to do in case I do it again. At first I felt stupid but the guys at the Apple store didn't even know about that little feature till they were playing with it. I'll tell you these electronic things are making me crazy today. LOL


We have a busy weekend. Maddie turns two on Monday so my sweetie and I are doing a tradition my Mom and Dad started with all of their grandkids. My parents would take each one of their grandchildren out for their birthdays to shop for presents and then go out to eat and then to finish up their special time out my Mom & Dad would take the kids to the candy shop and have them fill their bags to the top. In fact if the bags weren't filled enough my Dad would make them go back and get more candy. LOL It's funny because none of the kids ever abused this gift, none of them got out of hand and wanted everything in the store or tons of presents and each one of them looked forward to this special time with their Grandma and Grandpa. So even though she's only two, we thought it would be fun to take her out with just Grams and Gramps. That's it for me on this beautiful Friday here in Cincy, Ohio. I watched a gorgeous sunrise here today. Love starting the day off with a beautiful sunrise. Have a good weekend!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great that you doing that tradition with Maddie!! I loved that mom & dad did that with the kids. Dad still takes Allison out birthday shopping - she loves it. I think he gives her money to buy candy instead of the candy store! Neat idea.

Donna said...

Good thing you have a backup camera! Bummer!

Maria said...

What a bummer about your camera! I hope it's fixed quickly.

Happy Birthday to Maddie and what a wonderful tradition to pass on.

Brenda said...

I've been mostly lucky with electronics (knock on wood!) although learning to use them properly doesn't always work out. :-)

That's such a wonderful Birthday tradition. I know Miss Maddie is going to enjoy her special time with two of her favorite people.

Donna said...

UhOooooh! If there was a picture at the bottom of this post, I couldn't see it! I'm on Windows Explorer...I'll come back with Modzilla Firefox and see if I can view it!!! Happy weekend sweetie!!

Tonjia said...

sorry to hear about the camera, I hope you get it back sooner than expected.

what a fun tradition!! it sounds like something the kids will love and hopefully pass on to their grandchildren

Sally said...

You must have the same kind of luck I do with electronic gadgets. I'm sure you're much smarter than I am though 'cause unless I have to, I don't read instructions very well.

That's a great new tradition to start with the grands! You'll have to tell us what Ms. Maddie chose as her present!!

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Sorry to hear about your camera. I dropped my little digital one too many times and now the little door that covers the batteries and the camera card won't close properly. My camera looks so ghetto - it's held together with a rubberband. ha! I don't think we have a camera store at the mall, though, so I don't know where to go to get it fixed.

Randey told me the other day that he applied for a job in Dayton. I gasped with joy - then he told me not to get my hopes up because he didn't think he'd come out on the cert (the document the government hires from). I wish he hadn't said anything at all. I found myself checking your weather in Ohio and comparing it to mine in Texas all weekend long. lol He's been directed to never mention this nonsense to me again unless he also has to call the moving company at the same time to come pack our household up. ha!

Kari