Saturday, August 30, 2008

Happy Labor Day Weekend!!




Hope everyone is enjoying their Labor Day weekend. We have nothing planned and it's kind of nice just to hang out. We are getting ready to go on vacation in a few days, so I have been very busy trying to tie up loose ends at work and home before we leave. The plan is that the girls(my two daughters and two granddaughters) and I are heading to Hilton Head Island first and the boys will follow later. I will have my laptop with me so I hope to share some photos of our time there. Not much else going on around here, the backyard project is starting to come together, we ordered the aluminum fence yesterday and it'll look so pretty when it's all installed. Anything will look better then the rotting wood fence that's up now. LOL I'll share more of that project as we go along. We are fixing our backyard up this Fall and we are tearing down all the decking and wood fence and putting up the aluminum fence and also putting in a paver patio instead of a deck. Our son-in-law is going to put in a little pond/fountain for me so I can sit by it and enjoy my morning coffee and have some quiet time. I also have been reading a great book this weekend called The Shack and cannot put it down. I read about it on another blog and can't remember who but they recommended it. So it's kind of a quiet weekend around here but sometimes that's just what you need. Have a wonderful weekend!



7 comments:

Sally said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you all to be going on vacation!! You'll have so much fun with those little grand-youngun's.

It's quiet around here also, and I'm doing some reading too.

Enjoy!!

Donna said...

Hope you make some headway on the backyard improvement project! I'm still doing my tossing and a'flinging of clutter, LOL. DH is mowing the grass. It's the weekend - HOORAY!

Brenda said...

Enjoy your restful holiday weekend and have fun on your vacation! I'll look forward to seeing all the photos.

Joni said...

This book keeps springing up...must be a sign...lol...I guess I'll have to track it down and read it now...it's been a summer of books for me, but I am thamkful to have had the spare time.

Jeanne said...

Enjoy your down time and I'll certainly be looking for you to share some pictures. We're having a very relaxing weekend as well. Been hearing a lot about that book, I'll have to put it on to to-read list.

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

I hope you have a good time on your vacation Joan.
xoxo Nita

kari and kijsa said...

Thank you for all your prayers and blessings!
Have a wonderful Labor Day,
kari & kijsa