Wednesday, August 13, 2008

This and That

This umbrella bag was in our paper this morning. This is called the Brella Bag and their website says it is a hands free nylon bag design that holds an umbrella giving you the ability to do things that would be hard while trying to hold a regular umbrella like walking the dog, carrying your baby, groceries or for people who need to use a walker etc.. What do you guys think? Would you use something like this? Or would you just use this pretty pink umbrella from Vera Bradley without the bag? But seriously I think for people with disabilities this would be a great idea. I just wonder if it would throw you off balance at all. It looks like it also carries stuff in the nylon bag. I'm just not sure I would like something around my neck.
I also got this new phone(the red one) this week. I've never had a Blackberry before and it was a little intimidating at first but my daughter Christina has one so she showed me how to set it all up. Still trying to figure it all out. I think I'll like it when I get used to it but I kept my pretty little pink phone just in case. It's suppose to keep me more organized with working from home. I get about fifty(or more) emails a day that are work related, most are from tour companies telling me what their latest deals are so I did figure out real fast how to turn off the sound for when emails come in. But it also helps me to respond back to my customers right away even when I'm out and about. I also like the full size keyboard. Oh well that's it for me today, really boring post but not much going on around the old casa today. I have been walking around three miles everyday this week so I want to keep it going. We are leaving for Hilton Head in a few weeks and thinking of this body in a bathing suit on the beach, well.......a little scary! LOL




5 comments:

Rue said...

Hi Joan :)

I think I'd go with the Vera Bradley. Good luck with your new phone. I have huge issues everytime I change it out.

Have fun in Hilton Head! You won't see me in a suit this year for sure LOL

hugs,
rue

Irene said...

I actually think the Brella Bag is a GREAT idea! Anyone who has had to hold kids, push a stroller or do anything similar when it is pouring would agree. I wonder how well it works.

Hilton Head? I would so love to go there in September. I am sure it is perfect.

Sally said...

I've not seen a Brella bag before; that's pretty neat. At first I thought you meant the pink one could be worn around the neck - DUH!!! I need to start letting all the pictures download before I try to think. hahahahha

I've never been to Hilton Head, but had a cousin who was married there and I missed it!

Tonjia said...

I am still not sure about the brella bag, I guess if you had your hands full it would help...

LOVE the blackberry! I had a blackberry for a year and sold it when we moved, now I miss it. I get a new phone in April of 2009 so I might have to get another one.

what did we do before cell phones? LOL

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Love your new phone! Too cool. And I'm totally digging that umbrella. I had to carry one last night when we went for our walk (it's actually been raining for about 4 days here!). It was a struggle trying to balance the umbrella and adjust my Ipod, too. I could have used something like that!

Kari