Friday, May 2, 2008

When Pigs Fly...........

So yesterday my sweetie calls me to say that the Flying Pig Marathon people wanted me to be one of the pig mascots for the race this weekend. See the above photo of the lovely outfits they wear. Well, the pig outfits are pink, which I do so love but hey let's just wait a minute here. Are the Flying Pig people implying that I would make a good pig mascot? They did tell my sweetie they just love my enthusiasm (translation, no one else will do it) or do they just think my body resemble a big pink pig? LOL Either way, there is just no way I could do it and here's why. You start at 6AM and keep going until the afternoon. Take a good look at what they wear for this and remember I have a small bladder and there are only portable potties there. Case closed!! :-)
So here's the lowdown on the race events this weekend if you live in the Cincy area. Tonight there's a Flying Pig party downtown on Fountain Square. They are telling me pigs will fly at around 840pm and then there will be pink fireworks. Can't wait to see pink fireworks!. And on Saturday there's the Piglet Fun Run for kids and then the Diaper Dash for real little ones. I'm trying to get Maddie to go down with me. There's the Expo on Friday and Saturday at the Convention Center where you can pick up all the Flying Pig items you can think of and then the race starts on Sunday at 630am. I will go down to the finish line at some point because my sweetie is doing some announcing of winners etc... Anyway, it should be a fun weekend. Yea, Flying Pig mascot, when pigs fly maybe....................



13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the "flying pig" day!

Donna said...

LOL...Oh come On Miz Joan!!! You Know you want to!!!LOL...happy day sweetie!!hughugs

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Sounds like a fun event. Have a great weekend...Mary

Donna Lynn said...

That is so funny, the person in the pink pig suit is the best!
I don't blame you for not wanting to do this, I would have to tinkle all the time too!
Hope you guys enjoy your weekend, can't wait to hear about the pink fireworks! As you probably found out on my pink post, I adore pink!
Thanks for finding and visiting my blog...
Hugs, Donna Lynn

Justabeachkat said...

Oh wow! All day in THAT outfit? No way. It sounds like a fun event, but you're right...going to the potty would be hard. LOL

Have a fun weekend!

Hugs!
Kat

Sandi McBride said...

But Joan, if you went just remember at the end of the run you'd be in hog heaven!~ Can't blame you really though (I've been roped in enough benefits to recognize charm when I see it and run for the hills!
hugs
Sandi

Knit-Wit said...

I think you should at least put the costume on and take a picture for us. LOL

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, flying pigs, okay well what will they create next!!! Have a great weekend Joan, glad you are feeling better.

Hugs,
LeAnn :)

Rue said...

Good morning Joan :)

I wouldn't have done it either!

If it was the flying Buckeyes though, my husband would have run everyone over to dress up like Brutus LOL

Have fun!
rue :)

photowannabe said...

Sounds like a really fun event but I vote no on the costumes too. Too hot and confining. Cute??? not too sure...

Celestina Marie said...

Joan, I just love how you tell your stories!! Too funny! What a fun time in Cincy. I don't remember this event when we lived there. The flying pig suit looks cute anyway! LOL
I bet the Expo was fun too.

Celestina,
La Rea Rose

Brit. (lille meg) said...

Funnny about that flying pig!
I have never heard of that before.
Thank you for your comment, and thank you for all your nice posts!
Have a blessed Sunday!

Katie said...

Cincinati is called the City of Flying Pigs (among other names like the Queen City) and it's due to the speed at which we processed pork and sent it on down the river at the turn of the century. As for the race, it's a new event, I believe about 11 years old. Joan, I watched some of it today, but didn't see your "sweetie" :o(