Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Welcome Sydney Ann!

Welcome Sydney Ann! Little Sydney Ann was born this morning at 812am and she weighed in at a whopping 9 pounds and 6 ounces. She is so cute and so sweet. Maddie was such a big girl. We got her up at 545am to go to the hospital so Mommy and Daddy could see her before surgery. This is a photo right before they took Melissa into the operating room. Melissa did great, she had a problem with low blood pressure so they had to give her drugs to offset that which in turn made her sick and kind of woozy. So she's pretty wiped out this afternoon, but hopefully that will pass soon and she can enjoy some time with little Sydney Ann. Okay, here were the names they had picked out and they didn't decide till about noon today on which one. The first name was Sydney Ann, and then there was Hayley Ann, Kara Ann or Lilly Ann. My Mom's name was Ann and Melissa was very close to her. My parents used to take Melissa on vacations with them when she was young. Anyway, I love the name Sydney Ann.

Maddie fell sound asleep while Mom was getting settled in her room, so we put her and Sydney side by side for a sister pose. Aren't they so sweet? Actually Sydney looks so much like Maddie did when she was born.




Papa is holding his new little granddaughter. She looks so sweet with that finger in her mouth. She looks so big to me, look at those chubby little cheeks!


Aunt Chrissa kept Maddie entertained while Mommy and Daddy were in surgery. Maddie had a ball playing with her and a new little friend named Zoe.




One more photo in Papa's arms!


I wonder if Maddie thinks Sydney Ann is a cat. She pets her like she does Grandma's kitty cat. LOL


Beautiful Sydney Ann!
Mommy and Sydney Ann.
Thanks for everyone's kind words and prayers. You guys are the best and I am so grateful to have such friends through blogging. Okay, I've been up since around 430am so I am going to try and get Maddie down for a little nap and I may take one with her. LOL



26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sydney is adorable!! I love the pics of her & Maddie sleeping together. Pippi & I can't wait to meet her tomorrow. Hope Melissa feels better soon!

June

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all!
She is a beauty!!☺

Anonymous said...

I signed on just to see if you posted about the baby---welcome to the world, Sydney Ann! Maddie will be a wonderful big sister. I loved seeing all your photos---congrats to everyone!

CIELO said...

How sweet is that! Welcome to this world, Sydney Ann.... love the pic with Maddie by her little new baby! So sweet.

Cielo

Maria said...

Congrats to your whole family! Sydney Ann is a beauty!

Fran said...

Congratulations to the whole family!!!!! Babies are wonderful, aren't they? Keep the pictures coming!

Kellan said...

Oh, how beautiful - how sweet! Look at all that hair - reminds me of my Little Billy!! 9lbs 6 oz is a big baby - so glad everyone is okay and congratulations to all!!!

Take care - Kellan

Irene said...

Big congratulations to you all! What a sweetie!!! And what a big baby! And the hair? Holy cow! You are all so lucky!!!

The pics with Maddie sleeping next to Sydney are priceless!!!!

Justabeachkat said...

Congratulations Joan...and your entire family. Sydney Ann is adorable! What a big beautiful girl. She reminds me a bit of my Bree, who was 9 lbs 1-1/2 ounces and had a head full of black hair too. BTW, our four year old granddaughter is Sydney Anne, so you know I love that name.

Get some rest.

Hugs!
Kat

Brit. (lille meg) said...

Congratulations to you and yours!
Sydney Ann is a beautiful little girl... I am sure she will be blessed.
Enjoy this gift!

Sandi McBride said...

Oh my word, just look at that head of hair! Welcome to the world little Sydney Ann, you're going to have a grand time here!
hugs
Sandi

Donna said...

Oh Miz Joan!!! She's Beautiful!! I'm SO thrilled for you all...God's sweet little package of hope! Enjoy Sweetheart!!hughugs

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

What a cutie pie! Those cheeks are pretty darn impressive. lol She's a real beauty and that hair! Wow! She and Maddie will be great friends. Maybe not until their adulthood, but that would just be normal. :)

I had to laugh when I saw her name. I, of course, LOVE the name Sydney Ann. I won't ever forget it, that's for sure! You have a Maddie and I have a Maddy. You have a Sydney and I have a Sydney. I mean, yeah, so MY Sydney is a 5 pound chihuahua and obviously doesn't measure up to an actual grandbaby, but he's still a member of our family. lol

Great pictures - hope Melissa is feeling better already and that all of you have caught up on your rest!

xoxox,
Kari

Rue said...

Congratulations! Welcome to the world Sydney Ann :)

She's beautiful Joan and I'm so glad everything went well. Go get some sleep! ;)

rue

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hi Joan,
Congratulations! She is precious!
Enjoy your week and I hope you all manage to get some sleep in this exciting time!
Have a great evening.
Sandy

Kellan said...

Hi Joan - I hope you all are enjoying that sweet new baby!!

I like your new header - it looks great!

Take care and have a good evening- Kellan

COLLS GARDEN said...

Wow Joan, baby is just gorgeous. Congratulations to everyone, hope Mum & bubby are doing well. Can you tell us why they called her Sydney Ann? Wonderful name of course (it's where I live). Is it a family name? She looks just beautiful. Hope you caught up on some sleep.
Hugs, Coll :-}

Wendster said...

Welcome Sydney Ann! Wow! More than 9 lbs! Wow! I wish her a speedy recovery from her C section. She and Maddie look so cute together. And look at those cute twins! Mom looks great too, and I couldn't agree with you less that you look old or in need of weight watchers. I think you look fabulous. And that name game looks fun. I am going to go and try it now.
Thanks for stopping by. I commented back at'cha. Here it is so you don't have to look for it on my blog:
joan ~ reward posted! And you're invited to come and enjoy it.

Wendster said...

Oh yes! Love your new banner. Very nice!

photowannabe said...

Congratulations Joan and your brand new granddaughter. She's just beautiful and those chubby cheeks will get lots of kisses I'm sure.

Christine Boles said...

Yaaaay! Congrats to you all, and a warm welcome to the newest bundle of joy!

Michelle said...

Congratulations on your newest granddaughter! What an adorable baby with those chubby cheeks and head full of dark hair!

Girl Raised in the South said...

Big baby! Beautiful baby! Love all that dark hair. congratulations to mommy and Grams!

Tracy said...

Congrats to all! Babies are so sweet. :)

Debra from Bungalow said...

Welcome little Sydney Ann.....wow, she is a whopper & such chubby cheeks too. Such a sweetie! Love that hair! Congratulations on your beautiful new granddaughter.
Hugs, DebraK

That collage is awesome, what program did you use to create it?

Anonymous said...

Good post.