Thursday, May 22, 2008

Photos, Photos, Photos!

Are you guys tired of baby photos yet? LOL Well, just a few more I promise. Well, I can't really promise because I just love taking pictures of my grandbabies. :-) If you click on the whole collage it should come up larger to read the captions. First I wanted to show you just how much Maddie and Sydney looked alike at birth in the top two left hand photos. Do you think maybe they were twins separated by 21 months? No one in our family can get over how much they look alike, even for being sisters. The other photos are a collage of our last few days, which has consisted of going up to the hospital to visit Mommy, Daddy and Sydney and going to visit our Cncinnati Zoo. I know I have told you this before but we have a wonderful zoo in Cincinnati and if you live anywhere near here, you will not be disappointed in visiting it. My son Jimmy and his son Cameron came with us to the zoo along with Christina(our youngest daughter) and Papa. Maddie was in awe of the peacocks and the polar bears were her favorite. In the middle photo on the right there is a polar bear in the background, she thought they were great fun! And see the Sea Eagle on the bottom left photo, well do you remember last September when I went to Alaska and searched for any kind of eagle? Every single port we went into on our cruise I searched for an eagle and nada, nothing, zilch........LOL Well, all I had to do was go to the zoo and see one. Man those birds are big! And Maddie fell sound asleep in Grandma's car even before we left the Zoo's parking lot. It's been a fun and eventful week and Mommy and Daddy and baby Sydney are coming home tonight. Can you believe that they let women who have a c-section out of the hospital in a couple of days now? When I had my kids back in the dark ages I stayed in for a full week and they even had me come in the night before the surgery and gave me a sleeping pill so I could sleep. I had schedule c-sections also. I am making my way around blogland to see what exciting things everyone has been up to. Thanks for sharing this special time with my family!



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the photo collage--when a great memento of the past few days! I can't believe they are sending Melissa home already after a c-section. I had one with my last and I was there 5 days (well, she is 13 now, but I don't think the recovery time for moms has lessened!)
Enjoy those grandbabies~they are beautiful!

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

No, ma'am, I am NOT tired of the baby pictures. Who could get tired of looking at those sweet little faces? The girls DO look amazingly alike. WOW! And little Cameron is one of those "pretty boys", isn't he? Too beautiful for his own good, I can see it already. lol

Keep those pictures coming, I love them!

Kari

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

The sweetest gifts ever.!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We loved meeting Sydney! She is so adorable. I kept calling her little Maddie because they look so much alike. Glad the zoo went well! I love our zoo.

June

Justabeachkat said...

Oh Joan...what an exciting time around your house! I love seeing the photos...keep 'em coming.

Hugs!
Kat

Maria said...

What a cute photo collage! I don't think I'll ever get tired of you posting baby photos.

I think I stayed in the hospital for 3 days after delivering my twins via C-section 13.5 years ago. I so wanted to rest more before coming home!

Enjoy your precious grandbabies!

Donna said...

Don't you Dare stop showing pics of the babies!!!LOL...Wonderful!
AND I pray you're not in the middle of all those dangerous storms passing through today??!!!!Stay Safe sweetie!!hughugs

Sandi McBride said...

If anyone says they're tired of looking at baby pictures, point me in their direction! They need a good hiding...as in thrashing...as in chastisement...your babies are beautiful!
hugs
Sandi

Rue said...

Hi Joan :)

That's a beautiful collage! Who can get sick of seeing babies??

I didn't know you had c-sections. I feel silly telling you about them LOL Oh and 2 days?! Wow!! I had to stay a week, just like you did and my last one was only born 12 years ago. I guess that is a while ago LOL

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!
rue

Celestina Marie said...

Joan, love the baby pics and yes, the two little ones do look alike.
We did visit the Cincy Zoo when we lived there. It was fabulous. We also went at Christmas for a Dickens stroll. It was very special. This is one of the best zoos in the country.
Thanks for sharing pics of your gorgeous grandkids.

Celestina, la rea rose

Brit. (lille meg) said...

How sweet! Congratulations to you as well as a grandmother again!
She is beautiful.
I love babies, but I didn't have myself.But my husbands brother and sister has grandchildren.
They are lovely!

I wish you a good week.

Peta said...

Ahhhh! Beautiful baby photos!