Tuesday, December 23, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS!








These three little guys(our grandbabies) are going to put the FUN in Christmas this year. And to think that last year, Maddie was the only one here to enjoy all the fun. Amazing what a new year brings and we have been very blessed to have not one but two new grandbabies in 2008. I know the real little ones won't be into it all just yet but Maddie loves Christmas and everything that has to do with it. I need to get a photo of Cameron with his red sparkle hat(I got it and posted it above) in the next few days and if I am lucky(and that's a real big if) I will get a photo of all three of them with their Santa hats on. LOL

Tomorrow starts off with going out for breakfast with our kids and son-in-law and grandkids and then back to our house so Cameron can open his gifts from Grams and Papa because we won't see him until later Christmas Day and then off to my sister Gail's house for dinner to celebrate with my family and then off to my sweetie's side of the family to see all of his cousins and aunts and uncles. And then on Christmas morning we celebrate Christmas with our family and then we have our annual open house. So I should fall over about 5pm on Christmas Day. LOL

But I am hoping to have some quiet time early Christmas morning. My sweetie and I have gone for walks early on Christmas Day at the park up the street. We get up early. And before all the busy stuff of the day starts I like to take some time and think about the gift God gave us in the form of a little baby so long ago. When our kids were little and they came downstairs on Christmas morning and before they would open their presents my sweetie would read Luke 2 to them(not the whole thing but the part of Christ's birth). So I'll leave you with that part of Luke because that is why we celebrate Christmas and with all that's going on this time of year I don't ever want to forget that. Merry Christmas!


AND BEHOLD, AN ANGEL OF THE LORD STOOD OVER THEM AND THE GLORY OF THE LORD SHONE AROUND THEM AND THEY WERE GREATLY AFRAID.

THEN THE ANGEL SAID TO THEM "DO NOT BE AFRAID, FOR BEHOLD, I BRING YOU GOOD TIDINGS OF GREAT JOY, WHICH WILL BE TO ALL PEOPLE"

FOR THERE IS BORN TO YOU THIS DAY IN THE CITY OF DAVID A SAVIOR, WHO IS CHRIST THE LORD.

AND THIS WILL BE A SIGN TO YOU, YOU WLL FIND THE BABE WRAPPED IN SWADDLING CLOTHES, LYING IN A MANGER

AND SUDDENLY THERE WAS WITH THE ANGEL A MULTITUDE OF THE HEAVENLY HOSTS PRAISING GOD AND SAYING

GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST

AND ON EARTH PEACE, GOODWILL TOWARD MEN.





15 comments:

Jeanette said...

Merry Christmas to you too, Joan. Have a wonderful time with those adorable grandbabies!

Rune said...

soo sweet grandbabies:)

I wish you a wonderful christmas and a good new year:)

God bless you:D

Christmas hugs from Wibeche

Donna said...

How beautiful that verse is...Merry Christmas Joan with lots of hugs...hughugs

Brenda said...

Such a wonderful tradition!

Your babies are so beautiful Miz Joan!

Sally said...

Oh my goodness, how precious they all are. I love that verse also; such a great one. Thanks. ((HUGS))

Karen M said...

What a beautiful post! Your grandkids are all just precious! I do hope you have a very blessed Christmas.

SaraG said...

Hi Joan,
Thanks for commenting on the phone we have in common. I just tranferred a bunch of older photo's from my computer to a 1 gig SD card. It was pretty easy to do, if you need further help, email me and I will help you all I can. The phone says it will use up to a 2 gig memory card but a 1 gig was all I had to spare for the phone use.
Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!!
Great photo's!!

Fran said...

Merry Christmas Joan! Sounds like you have a very busy couple of days coming up. Being with family and friends is what makes it special.

Fran

Kellan said...

They are simply beautiful, Joan!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

Kellan

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

So beautiful!!! Merry CHRISTMas...m...

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Jeanne said...

A very Merry Christmas Joan. Those little grandbabies will add so much joy this year. I look forward to seeing your monthly picture out your door. Your photos are always so beautiful I'm sure it'll be great! {{HUIGS}}

Donna said...

Amen! Have tons of fun with those grandbabies!

Merry Christmas!

Rick said...

Thank you Joan for visiting my blog. I enjoed the photos of your grandchildren. That phase of our life is yet to come. This will be the first Christmas with a son-in-law. I'm sure that I will be goofy with grandparenting when that comes about. Those faces are beautiful.

Merry Christmas!

Rune said...

Thanks for sweet comments on my jewellery blog:) Yes i made them self:)

Wibeche