Thursday, December 4, 2008

An Award and Christmas Past and Present

you are fabulous My sweet buddy Kat from Justabeachkat has passed this wonderful award on to me. Isn't it just the cutest award? Thanks Kat! Sorry I am late in posting about it but this time of year seems to have a life of it's own when it comes to time. Where did this week go? Wasn't it just Monday? Anyway, I am always so happy when my blogging buddies think of me.
Here are the rules: Copy and paste the rules and instructions in your post. When posting on receiving the award, make sure you include who gave you the award and link it back to them. Post five winners and link it back to them as well. Post five of your addictions. Add the award image. Let your winners know you gave them an award by leaving them a comment on their blog.

1)Coffee, first thing in the morning.

2)Chocolate, love dark chocolate and semi sweet chocolate.

3)I have to say internet and blog reading. LOL I always find a way to stop working so I can see what everyone is up too.

4)Can grandbabies be an addiction? LOL Because I just am addicted to seeing their little faces.

5) When Lost comes back on, I will be addicted to the TV and watching it, that and 24. My two favorite shows.


So I am passing this award on to five people:


1) Donna from Cottage Days and Journeys


2) Donna from Made in Heaven


3)Brit from Lille Meg


4)Kylie from A Bite of Country Cupcakes


5)Jenn from The Beaufort Lookout


Your blogs are fabulous! Thanks again Kat!



So I told you how I've been going through boxes of photos this week. Actually I am going from one project to the other like a crazy person. I do some photos, then I make some jewelry, then I address some Christmas cards and then I do my travel work also. Crazy, I wish I had a huge bathtub to soak in and just relax. But anyway back to the photos. Look at the cute photos I found. This first photo is of our firstborn Melissa(AKA as Sas and Buttons Mom). This was Melissa's very first Christmas some 30 years ago. What really gets me about this photo and no it's not that lovely shag carpet in our old home or that beautiful state of the art TV that had three or four channels. LOL No it's that she looks so much like her two little girls it's almost scary. If you don't believe me, go here and see the girls and then come back here and tell me you agree with me. LOL I like it when people agree with me. :-)
do you like my camel Here's one more photo that I found while going through them all. This one is of all three of our kids. I have no idea when this was because I didn't mark the date on it, but I thought it was a cute one. And now are you ready for some of the cutest photos ever??? LOL Keep going........
my mom gave us all bowl haircutsHere's little Cameron in his first visit with Santa. We took all of the grandkids to see Santa and Cameron was the only one who thought he was great. Maddie likes him but only if he is far away and not talking to her. LOL And I think Sas was sound asleep so we had these photos taken of Cameron and Santa. I think they about the cutest photos ever. LOL


who are you looking at big guy
Okay, I guess I need to get back to work but I am beat tonight so maybe I'll put it off till tomorrow and just blog surf for the rest of the evening. See how easy I can talk myself out of working. LOL I think I just set a record for writing LOL in a post. Okay I am done now, LOL, LOL LOL. Have a good evening!


one of the cutest photos ever

11 comments:

Beaufort Belle said...

Thanks so much Joan...I so appreciate the award. I hope you are having a marvelous Christmas season.

Donna said...

Thank You Miss Joan for the Award!!! I Love it...and You! These pictures are Precious! The 70's and 80's were "kicking" weren't they!hahaaa....hughugs

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Thanks....I love that you thought of me:)
I will get it posted in a day or so...
Me no time either...lol!
I love the photos..I love photos.
But the one of Cam looking at Santa is just adorable

Justabeachkat said...

You're so welcome for the award. I loved reading your list...hmmmm...very much my addictions. LOL

Cute cute photos.

Hugs!
Kat

Donna said...

Thank you so much for the award! Goodness, I am WAY behind on taking care of award-stuff business! You are adding to my pile, LOL! But I appreciate your sweet compliment, and loved to read about your "addictions". I am guilty of 3 of those, LOL!

Love the old pics! My oh my, how time has flown by!

Sandi McBride said...

Thanks for sharing the family photos...and you were right...I love my photos of the boys with Santa...just love looking at them!
Hope you're all ready for Christmas and in the holly jolly spirit!
hugs
Sandi

Sally said...

Oh, the pictues are so precious. That little Cameron is a cutie pie. I have to say, that Santa looks verrry familiar - I wonder if he travels the Ohio-Florida route!! I'm gonna go drag out the Santa pictures and compare. LOL LOL LOL See? You're making me laugh, and that's a good thing! Love your new award, and you're most deserving. :)

Brenda said...

Oh yes! They do look like their Momma when she was a little girl! I love seeing old photos, they always bring back wonderful memories, don't they?

Your babies are so precious Miz Joan!

kari and kijsa said...

Lucky and well deserving sites!!! love your Christmas photo journey!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Anonymous said...

Oh, Cameron is just the sweetest little boy around! I'm so glad he loved Santa. If it weren't for the shag carpet, I'd swear that pic was of Buttons or Sassy!

Brit. (lille meg) said...

First of all I will thank you so much for this fabolous award!
I will pass it on to my new blog.
I have a new blog just for all the awards I have got, it's a lot.
http://bkverndal.blogspot.com
I will give it to five of my blogfriends.

These photos is so precious, Joan!
I have visit that side you linked to. I can tell you that when I see the letters SAS, I think on Scandinavian Airline System, the airline in Scandinavia.LOL.

Hpoe you'll have a nice weekend!