Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Downtown Train Display

When your alone and life is making you lonely
You can always go - downtown
When you got worries all the noise and the hurry
Seems to help I know -downtown

Okay, now that great old song by Petula Clark will be in your head for the rest of the day. Sorry. LOL
So my son, Jim and oldest daughter, Melissa and I took the grandbabies downtown to see the Christmas train display. Maddie and Cameron loved it. SAS(Sydney) didn't wake up the whole time we were there. Here's a few(maybe more then a few :-) photos of our time there. It is worth the visit and if you are ever in Cincy around the holidays, make sure you visit the train display. And it is free. :-)

maddie did not want to leave Look at Maddie with her face pressed up against the glass. She loved this train display. Thomas the train is one of her very favorite shows and they had a Thomas the train going around the tracks. I love this area that is set up for little people to see the trains up close.

looks like mayberryDoesn't this little town area look real?


Here's a view looking in from the outside. It is alot of work to put this together.


Look at the tracks, trains and train station.


hi sas I told you sweet SAS was sleeping the whole time. She was guarding my leopard print gloves. :-)



hi mommy and maddie Mommy and Maddie.

hi jim and cameron Jim and Cameron

See this police car, it says Cincinnati Police on the side. The detail is great.

And one last photo of the choo-choos as Maddie likes to call them. They also pass out cookies to everyone when you go so Maddie was in heaven. Cookies and choo-choos, nothing beats that.


So go downtown
Maybe I'll see you there
We can forget all of our troubles, forget all our cares
Things will be great when you're - downtown
Don't wait a minute more - downtown
Everything waiting for you

Downtown

Downtown

Downtown

Is Petula in your head for the rest of the day? :-) And don't even tell me you don't remember Petula, you'll just make me feel old. If you want to do pay it forward with me, it's in the post below this. I signed up on Twitter today also, it's on my sidebar. Not quite sure what it's all about yet but thought I'd try it out. Have a good one!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The train display is awesome! Where is it (other than downtown Cincy!)? I remember a big train terminal downtown that was turned into a big market - many years ago.

Brenda said...

I love little miniature things, they're just awesome. Does Maddie have her own train set? I bought a Thomas the Engine starter set for my great niece this year.

Donna said...

OhMyWORD!!!!!HAHAHhahaaaa...It IS stuck in my head!!!!!!!
Wonderful pictures sweetheart!!!hughugs

Anonymous said...

She's stuck in my head now... thanks! We sang that song when I was a freshman in high school for choir. It's too catchy not to like!

PS: Love those sweet babies!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

So nice!!!...Merry CHRISTmas...m..

Kellan said...

That is amazing and what cute picures~~!

Have a good week - Kellan

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

My Son was a huge thomas the tank fan he'd bust to got to something such as that!
Your grandbabes are just so cute1

Sandi McBride said...

Oh I love minature villages, Joan. Thanks so much for sharing this with us. It just makes Christmas so right!
Your grands are truly grand!
hugs
Sandi

Jeanette said...

Oh that is so cool looking! If I loved in Cincinnati I would be there in a heartbeat!

Sally said...

Petula? Huh? I must be too young to remember! hahahaha

Such great pictures - you guys have way too much fun!! :)

Karen said...

You know, they have one here that I've always meant to go to. Maybe this year we'll go. That looks so cool!

Justabeachkat said...

Of course I remember Petula!

Wow! What a fun thing to do.

Hugs!
Kat