Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Savannah!!


Here's a few photos of our day in Savannah, Georgia. Savannah should be on everyone's list of places to see in this world. It is rich in history and just has alot of personality. We did go to The Lady and Sons(Paula Deen's place) restaurant and let's just say that The Lady and Son's is not Weight Watcher friendly. LOL So I was forced to eat southern, what a hardship. :-) I had a crabcake with all the southern side dishes and my daughter had talipia which was really, really good. As soon as you sit down they bring you these things called hoe cakes, which are like small pancakes and are really, really good....really.........They also bring you cheese garlic biscuits which are also really, really good. Maddie loved the hoe cakes and the servers at the Lady and Sons loved the girls. I was just so excited to finally get into the place and eat. It is usually very crowded and hard to get into to. So that made my day, finally getting to eat there with my favorites little girls. We had a fun little trip and we are heading home later on today. Here's a few photos of Savannah!


Can you see the rainbow in the fountain?

Here's a few of the steeples in Savannah!


This little cat was all curled up in a Christmas shop down in the river area. Between being in a Christmas shop and seeing this kitty in the sleigh, Maddie was in heaven. :-)


Maddie loved the river area and Grandma and Mommy loved the pecans that they have there with cinnamon sugar on them and all nice and warm.



Here's a few of the old buildings in the river area all decorated for the holidays.




This wooden sailboat was really cool.





Here's a few photos from Paula's place(my BFF). Can you see me with the girls(my real BFFs) on the corner?



And this last one of Mommy and Maddie eating hoe cakes and cheese biscuits. Have a great day and I'll catch up with everyone when I get back in Cincy!



9 comments:

Sandi McBride said...

What a great visual reminder of your trip! I lived in Savannah as a child, also Augusta...both beautiful spots...thanks for the memory jog!
hugs
Sandi

Sally said...

I have so enjoyed OUR trip! hahaha Seriously, if it wasn't for you and a few other bloggers, I'd NEVER go anywhere. :)

I, too, LOVE Savannah (except on St. Patrick's weekend). It's a beautiful place as your pictures show. They're all great, and I'm so glad you shared with us.

Have a safe trip home! ((HUGS))

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Oh how Happy everyone loooks. What great pictures. I know that the food was out of this world good. Have a blast...Mary...

Anonymous said...

Tell Maddie that Aunt June & Pippi will make her some hoe cakes. I have the recipe - bought one of Paula's cookbooks last time we were down there. Did you see my good looking friend Bobby Dean?? ha,ha!!!

Justabeachkat said...

Looks like you're having fun. Great photos. I've missed your visits though.

Christmas hugs to you!
Kat

Brenda said...

I LOVE the photos! Looks like y'all are having a grand time!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a fantastic time.

Jeanne said...

Absolutely wonderful pictures Joan. I'd love me one of those hoe cakes. Watched Paula Dean making them and wow!

Donna said...

Your pictures are Wonderful!!! And look at the wreaths on the balconies!!! Beautiful place!!hughugs