Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Travel Tuesday - San Francisco

This picture was taken right before the ship went under the bridge. It was so cool coming into San Francisco by ship. Everyone was on the top deck and right as we went under the bridge the captain blew the horns and everyone cheered. It was great!
This picture is for Kari. I've never heard of Menopause The Musical and it just cracked me up. This was playing down at Fisherman's Wharf. Can you just imagine this musical? I really have to go see it if comes anywhere around Cincy.





THE PICTURES BELOW ARE FROM 1999 WHEN MY SWEETIE AND I WENT TO SAN FRANCISCO




The Sea Lions at Fisherman's Wharf. They are a crazy bunch and a smelly bunch!
That's me in jail on Alcatrez. Let me out of here!
That's me back in 1999 in San Fran
That's my sweetie walking around Alcatrez



This was my first time coming into San Francisco by ship and it was a really wonderful way to come into this great city. My sweetie and I have been here a few times. It is a romantic city, Tony Bennett left his heart there and I can see why. Does anyone else love Tony Bennett? I love his music. Anyway, I'm off the subject as usual. When we docked in San Francisco, my friend Sherra and I decided to just walk around the city. We had both been here a few times so we took the cable car and headed into town to shop. And we did shop till we dropped but if this is your first time to San Fran, let me tell you a few of the not to be missed highlights.


First off take a cable car ride, especially the scenic Powell-Hyde cable car to Fisherman's Wharf, which goes through ritzy Nob Hill (don't forget to hold on tight). Then go to Alcatrez, it's well worth the trip to the Rock. Okay off the subject one more time. Did any of you see the movie The Rock? Well, then you can get a good idea of what San Francisco looks like including Alcatrez. Take a walk across the Golden Gate Bridge. Go to Chinatown. My sweetie & I literally walked all around San Fran or hopped on a cable car to get where we wanted to go. While you're at it, don't forget to visit Golden Gate Park. The Blue and Gold Fleet have tours year round on their sightseeing boat and Grayline tours is another tour operator on land. And I haven't even mention the good food, you can find all kinds of seafood to eat in Fishermans Wharf and downtown around Union Square. The shopping is amazing in Union Square, so if shopping is your thing you will not be disappointed. I feel like I am just giving you a quick overview of San Francisco. But really it is one of those places that is a must see and there is so much to see. Okay, I am having so much fun in California let's just stay here a while longer. Let's go to one of the most romantic and beautiful places in Northern California next week. Let's go to the wine country and visit Napa and Sonoma. Remember the old Lucy episode where she was crushing grapes with her feet, well my hubby and I got to do just that. Can't wait to share that fun.




4 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

I love, love, love San Francisco!

Girl, if you ever get a chance, go see the play Menopause. It's wonderful...so funny!

Great photos, as always.

Hugs!
Kat

Christine Boles said...

Wow~ this is cool!~

Nunnie's Attic said...

Glad I never had to escape from there!

I do love Tony Bennett. I swear, with my taste in music people would never believe I'm only 34.

Love,
Julie

Knit-Wit said...

Fun! I've never been to California. I look forward to reading more next Tuesday!