Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Clothes Blues

WANTED FOR TAKING THEIR MOTHER'S CLOTHES


IF YOU SEE THESE TWO, DO NOT APPREHEND OR YOU MAY BE MISSING SOME OF YOUR CLOTHING. BRING THAT LITTLE ONE TO GRANDMA BEFORE THEY TEACH HER THEIR WAYS!


Okay, girls do not get upset with me. I'm only kidding. These are my two girls and my granddaughter, my girls are in their mid to later 20's, so I thought my clothes would be safe from them. I really didn't think I was hip enough for them to wear but I guess I was wrong. As some of you know, I lost about 35 pounds on Weight Watchers last year and I've been slowly adding some new clothes to my closet. It is exciting to buy some clothes that I couldn't wear before but it seems my closet is their new store to shop in. For instance, a few weeks ago I was looking for my pair of white capris to wear to a party, in my mind I had my outfit all planned out for this party. White capris, black top, black sandals etc..., so I searched my closet and couldn't find them anywhere. So I'm thinking okay I've been having this menopausal brain fog lately so maybe I left them at the dry cleaners and forgot. So I go to the dry cleaners, ask the kid if he's seen them, he looks, can't find any and looks at me like I'm nuts. Which by that time I was beginning to wonder if I even had white capris, finally it dawns on me to ask my daughter if she has seen them. Oh yea, she says, she tried them on and didn't like them so they are in her room somehwere! UGH!!! And then the other day one of them(I won't say whom) came home with a very pretty purple cami on. And I'm thinking that cami looks just like the one I just bought to take with me with on my cruise to wear with the matching purple sweater. So I look at her and say, is that my purple cami? Oh yeah, she says......... Do you see a pattern here? By the way the purple cami still had the tags on it when she took it out of my closet! Again, I'm just teasing with you girls. I suppose I should be flattered that they want to "borrow" my clothes, but please tell me so I don't think I'm going crazy because that's not hard to do these days. And still bring the baby to Grandma, it's not too late for her, but now that I think of it she's been eyeing my pink cell phone.



Safe Travels,


Joan

6 comments:

Nunnie's Attic said...

You're a hip lady! What else can you say on that? Congratulations on your weight loss. That's wonderful. And it is fun shopping for clothes in a smaller size. I have recently lost about 90 pounds so I know the fun! And your family is beautiful.

Love,
Julie

Anonymous said...

Can I just say that in both of your examples the culprit is Christina!! I am not totally in the clear but my record with your clothes has been clean for quite some time!!
Now if you will excuse me... Maddie & I are headed over to your house to take a look at your jewelry box!! :-)

judy said...

I HAD to laugh at that one! Can you imagine people taking your clothes? I had to laugh because I was guilty of doing just that when we were younger and still living at home. I would wait until you left for work and then wear one of your outfits to work because I was always home before you and could put it back in the same place before you returned. See you were always buying the really nice stuff and I buy cheaper things.

Judy

Knit-Wit said...

Oh funny! I'm glad my daughter is still too young and too skinny to steal (I mean borrow) my clothes. Of course, that means I can't borrow any of hers either.

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

How funny! Kids...you'd think they were PAID to make you think you're crazy, huh?
I used to wear my mom's clothes to school all the time. I'd wait until she left to work, raid her closet and then rush home after school to hang them back up. It never occurred to me that she KNEW I was wearing them because I never washed them before I put them back! lol (Hey, what can I say...she taught me everything else about houswork EXCEPT how to do the laundry so BASICALLY, it's her fault her clothes didn't get cleaned...Boy...I'm probably going to h**l for that comment.)
Hope you're having a wonderful time!!!

Justabeachkat said...

Cute post! Love the photo too.

BTW...I love your new header!

Hugs!
Kat