Thursday, April 2, 2009

Decorating for Easter and Loving Spring!


Is everyone ready for Easter? Here are my decorations for the upcoming holiday! This first photo is my dining room table centerpiece that I put together. I use this same base for every holiday and just change it around. The base came as a gift that was filled with goodies one Christmas and I decided to keep it and reuse it. At Christmas I put a bunch of shiny ornaments in silver and blue in it and this Easter I put the bunny with lots of Easter eggs, some are even sparkly. I like the way it turned out.
This is one of my pretend chocolate bunnies, he is suppose to hold candy but I am not even going there right now because if I filled him up with something like dark chocolate M & M's(the most evil candy known to mankind) it would be gone in a heartbeat and that heartbeat would probably be me. LOL That's my phone/digital photo frame next to my bunny, I heart that thing.


Here's some more fake chocolate bunnies. They are so cool because they look so real. The basket is filled with wooden sparkle eggs.





And this last one turned out so dark but these little bunnies are so cute, they look like they are covered with moss. It's just bad lighting and I have been too sick with a nasty cold to play around with it some more. LOL Everything I have for Easter decorations I got at either Michael's(the moss bunnies) or Hobby Lobby or Home Goods. They always have great prices! So do you decorate for Easter?





Okay on to lovin' Spring. I LOVE Spring. I don't love this Spring cold I have but I love this time of year so much. I put my closed toe shoes in the back of my closet and my sandals and flip flops are out for good and will be out till the end of October. My toes are freshly polished(pink,of course) and my capri's are ready to be put on. Yea!!! And this next photo has nothing to do with any of this except I took it at the Cincinnati Zoo a few weeks ago and thought it was so cute. This is a little red panda sound asleep in the tree. I just want to know how he sleeps like this. I have trouble sleeping in a nice warm bed sometimes. LOL


And these two last photos were also taken at the Cincinnati Zoo and if you take a drive around Cincinnati right now you will see the trees blooming like this all over. I am so happy that April is here and everything is alive and blooming even if I can't smell a dang gone thing right now and am coughing my head off. LOL Hope you all are enjoying wonderful weather where ever you may be!





8 comments:

Jeanne said...

Thank you Joan for sharing some spring. Just some hardy little buds popping out here but no color yet but brown. Gak! I haven't even gotten my Easter decorations out yet and here it is a week away. I'll aim for this weekend.

Mimi said...

Love your Easter decorations...and the beautiful spring flowers....

and I just drooled over your little ones pictures...

Donna said...

....Did You Say...Dark Chocolate M&M's????Hahaaaa....I Wont meh some!!!!
Pretty decorations Joan! I really don't decorate for Easter...I Do put out candy for the Kiddos though...Happy night! And where's you picture for your freshly painted toenails???Hahaa...hughugs

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Look at those blossums..
And that red panda is a cutie...But the mind does boggle as to how he satys put!

Becky said...

I've seen the fake bunny chocolates and they look soooo real!!

Looks like there were babies galore last weekend at the party. They are all so adorable!!

Justabeachkat said...

Cute bunnies! Oh, dark chocolate M&Ms...to die for! Well, dark chocolate anything actually. LOL

Hugs!
Kat

Rune said...

I love your decoration:)

W

Brit. (lille meg) said...

How sweet you has decorated your home for easter! I haven't started yet, but I soon will.
It is more spring in your place than here. We have no trees blooming yet.
Have a nice weekend!:)