Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Awards and Getting ready for Thanksgiving!






My sweet friend Kat from Just a Beachkat has given me these wonderful awards. I think Kat may have been one of the first people to comment on my blog when I started it last year. Thanks so much Kat for these great awards and I am thankful for all of my blog friends and their friendship and encouragement. I am passing on all of these awards to all of you because I am so thankful to have you all in my life.
So is everyone ready for Thanksgiving? I went to the grocery yesterday after sitting in the dentist office for a couple of hours getting a new crown fitted. Before I talk about Thanksgiving though, I just want to know why crowns cost so much? I guess a new crown is my Christmas present this year. LOL So after the dentist I met my daughter Melissa and the two girls and we went to the grocery store with the whole left side of my mouth looking like I had some kind of accident, I was numb all the way up to the top of my cheekbone for hours! We got the turkey, dressing, all the ingredients for the green bean casserole and we are going to try the Pioneer Woman's pecan pie that you can get here. First time in trying to make a pecan pie so I'll let you know how that turns out. My Dad is taking us out to eat on Thanksgiving day but on Friday all the kids are coming to our house for Thanksgiving dinner. I am behind in my blog visiting because of the holiday and being so busy, which I'm sure is the same for everyone but I am trying to visit and wish everyone a VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I also just couldn't wait to decorate my blog for the holidays so it is now all nice and festive for Christmas! Happy Tuesday!



10 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

I *heart* your new festive blog look! So pretty!

Happy Thanksgiving sweet friend!
Hugs!
Kat

Brenda said...

It's lovely in here! Do you do your own designs? I especially love the Joy trim.

Don't forget to take time for you during this busy time!

Sally said...

I'm so glad for you the family will be together for Thanksgiving.

It's really pretty in here, and GO YOU on the awards; you're very deserving.

Yep, those crowns are ridiculous; I hope you have insurance. :)

Brit. (lille meg) said...

Oh, Joan, I say thank you so much for these wonderful awards!
I have taken them to my new blog:
bkverndal.blogspot.com
I have collected all my awards there, and I am now going to delelte them from my first blogs sidebar.
Thank you again, I appreciate it very much!

Donna said...

Happy Thanksgiving Sweetie!! It's Beautiful in here!!!hughugs

Donna said...

How beautiful! This new festive look is gorgeous! Happy Thanksgiving, dear!

Sandi McBride said...

Happy Thanksgiving Joan! Congratulations on your awards! Pioneer Woman's recipe is like mine, a really good one...and I also make a Walnut pie same recipe...Mac prefers the walnuts! Hope your holiday is wonderful!
hugs
Sandi

Kellan said...

Congrats on all these great awards. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'm thankful you are my friend, Joan - see you soon - Kellan

Anonymous said...

Love the Christmas decorations here. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Rune said...

Happy thanksgiving to you. And lovley awards you got there:)