Monday, April 7, 2008

Let's Eat!

Here is the recipe for the Weight Watcher Turkey burger I wrote about in yesterday's post. This is hard to read on my computer but if you click on the photo, you can see the recipe. I change the recipe around a little when I make it. I'm not a ketchup person so I use mustard instead and I also add a big hamburger pickle to the recipe. I have a photo of my turkey burger a few photos down. The recipe also says you can use lean ground beef but I really like the ground turkey breast. I make this at least once a week for my sweetie and I. If you are hungry right now, you will be even more so after seeing all of this food. LOL I don't usually do many food posts but these are a few of my favorite things to eat right now.



Has anyone tried these little Fruit Natural red grapefruit cups? I love these things. They are only 1 point for Weight Watcher people. They are a bit expensive because they are a convenience food but they are so good. Now if I can only get my sweetie to not eat three at a time. LOL



And this is my new favorite treat. Weight Watcher's makes this chocolate smoothie. If you add 1 cup of fat free milk it's 3 points, which isn't too bad for all of this. I add lots of ice and put it in my blender and look how creamy and how much more it makes. It really is filling. Okay, so it's not a chocolate milkshake, but it is good. :-)


Here's the finished meal. I love the turkey burger on the English muffin. I never thought of putting a burger on one before. I use Thomas's honey wheat muffins because it has a nice flavor to it. The veggies are Mann's California stir fry blend. See that pretty glass with my meal, they were a set that my Mom had while I was growing up. She's gone now but everytime I use them I think of her.

And we finished off our first grill out of the season with this fat free angel food cake with strawberries and fat free cool whip. I don't know why I don't do more food posts because everyone loves to eat. :-) So here's some of my favorites right now. They are somewhat healthy and they are good. You know I sound like a walking Weight Watcher commercial. LOL Truth is I'm not as strict with my diet as I should be. I love sweets way too much and that's my major downfall. It's another beautiful Spring day in Cincinnati and Maddie's coming over to play outside with Grandma. She loves playing with sidewalk chalk. And I just have to say again how much my sweetie and I are enjoying HBO's series on John Adams. We watch this every Sunday night and it is just plain good. Some might find it boring but I don't usually even get up from the couch the whole time it's on. Anyway, have a great Monday!




4 comments:

judy said...

I did recognize that glass. I used to love those; they are so pretty and so was the food. I'm hungry now so I'm going to a mid-afternoon snack!

Judy

Peta said...

That burger looks so yummy, I must try that!

Knit-Wit said...

We eat a lot of ground turkey and it substitutes great for ground beef in any recipe. The only problem we have found are the bones. Sometimes we come across bits of bone in our meat. Not fun.

Katie said...

I'm doing ww right now. I've lost 20 pounds since I started.