Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday Fun!

Everyone who knows me, knows I like to shop. I don't have to buy, I love to window shop also. So when I find something I think is just so unique and beautiful, I have to share it. Here is my new favorite that my friend Sherra has turned me on too. This beautiful necklace is by Make a Difference Starfish and made by Terri. I am telling you the photos do not show the depth and beauty of the pieces. The one I bought myself is the Aurora piece and when the sun hits it, it looks like little diamonds floating all over the place. I can't begin to tell you how many compliments I have had on this one piece of jewelry. Now my Aurora piece is very reflective and it is also the big one, the starfish come in different sizes. This top photo and the one below this are the same starfish only on different necklaces. The black cord with this piece on a black turtleneck is stunning.
And then I went out to the mailbox the other day and look what was in there. An early birthday present from Sherra for me. You guys know I am crazy for pink so I was so very excited to get this piece. This pink and purple piece is not made any more and again you can't see the detail and the facets that are in the pieces in the photos. Terri does this out of her home in Hilton Head and it just reminds me of the beach I love so much there. And she also donates a portion to the charity of your choice. I chose heart disease because my mom, brother and father in law all died from the disease. Anyway, thanks so much Sherra, you know I love it and check out Terri's site if you are looking for a unique and different gifts. My girls are already showing me the ones they want for next Christmas. They like the smaller starfish on the cords. Click on starfish when you go to her homepage to see all the different ones.

I also decided to decorate this year for Easter. I really never had much in the way of Easter decorations so I went to TJ Maxx and Hobby Lobby and got a few things. I made this little table in my living room my official Easter decorating table. LOL Those are not real chocolate Easter bunnies. The one in the basket I got from TJ Maxx and it really does look like you can eat it but it is fake(non fattening). And I don't know if you can see it but in the basket are a bunch of sparkle eggs that I got from Hobby Lobby (love that store). Anyway, I think my little Easter table turned out very cute. And last but not least my good blogging buddy Kat from Just a beach Kat gave this award to everyone who reads her blog. And I am going to do the same thing because I just can't pick a few people. Thanks Kat. Have a great weekend and just think tomorrow is March. Spring is coming in a few weeks. Yes it is, it's coming.....................




11 comments:

Irene said...

That does look very pretty! I wish I actually wore jewelry. Other than my wedding ring, I wear nothing. I guess it is the stay at home mom thing.

We just made our reservations for Hilton Head. We are going in July. I am so excited!!!!

Sandi McBride said...

I'll bet that is beautiful on a black turtleneck...like the starfish is floating in the darkest part of the sea...I love that idea...and your present, lol
hugs
Sandi

Anonymous said...

I need to order my starfish. I have her website saved under my favorites! Did you know that the time changes weekend of March 8? That is so early but I love it - Spring is on the way!!!

June

Donna said...

I am Crazy for Crystal!!! How beautiful!! I'll go check this out!! Have a fun weekend!!!

COLLS GARDEN said...

They're gorgeous Joan. I hope you enjoy Spring whem it arrives, I think it forgot us this year, Summer too. First day of Autumn today it feels like the first day of winter. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMIEL.

COLLS GARDEN said...

They're gorgeous Joan. I hope you enjoy Spring whem it arrives, I think it forgot us this year, Summer too. First day of Autumn today it feels like the first day of winter. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMIEL.

COLLS GARDEN said...

They're gorgeous Joan. I hope you enjoy Spring whem it arrives, I think it forgot us this year, Summer too. First day of Autumn today it feels like the first day of winter. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMIEL.

COLLS GARDEN said...

oops, sorry Joan. Don't quite know what happened there.
Hugs, Coll :-}

Justabeachkat said...

Gosh if they're prettier in person, they must be beyond gorgeous 'cause they look wonderful in your photos. I'll go now and check out her site. Thanks for the heads up.

Love all the Easter decorations. It will be here before we know it.

Have a wonderful weeekend!
Hugs!
Kat

Justabeachkat said...

Gosh if they're prettier in person, they must be beyond gorgeous 'cause they look wonderful in your photos. I'll go now and check out her site. Thanks for the heads up.

Love all the Easter decorations. It will be here before we know it.

Have a wonderful weeekend!
Hugs!
Kat

Christine Boles said...

Hobby Lobby is sooo addictive!~

Love the Starfish jewelry~ I think her story is great~ and what a positive way to cope with having a disease!