Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Check It Out

Irene from Our Piece of The World has been getting into photography lately and so have I. I've been visiting some of the photo blogs and I have to tell you I am blown away by their talent. I am not a photographer by any stretch of the imagination but I do so admire people who take beautiful photos. A few weeks ago I met a older gentleman at the zoo who was taking photos. I admired his camera and talked to him about taking pictures. He told me it's not the camera that takes good photos but the person who is taking the photos. I've never thought of it like that before but I think he has a good point. Anyway here are a few of the blogs that I have visited in the past few weeks. Photowannabe is one I visit almost everyday. She does all her photography with a Sony Cybershot which is the same type of camera I have and you should see her photos. I didn't know my little camera could take those types of photos so I've gotten out my manual and have been checking it out. Also check out Beachy Cape Cod Photo Album , her photos of Cape Cod are great. And also check out IMac, he has some amazing photos on his site.
Also I've found another blog in my visits and she is so funny. Kellan from On the Upside . What she wrote here about her polka dotted shoes just cracked me up.
And I don't want to forget my sweet friend Julie who is having a Christmas giveaway. So head over to Nunnie's Attic and check it out.
Also I want to thank Leah from South Breeze Farm for helping me with some blogging issues. And it's not too late to start the I'm Giving Thanks Challenge. I'm doing it, just check out my top sidebar and go to her site for more details.
And guess what Karolee? They cancelled my knitting class again. I think I was the only one who signed up. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ! Anyhoo can't you come to Cincy and teach me? Just kidding. One of my friends whom I had dinner with last night told me about a yarn shop in Northern Kentucky that also has knitting lessons so I'm going to check that out soon. Well, that's about it for today. Hope you are having a good Wednesday!



7 comments:

Knit-Wit said...

Can you get me a great deal on a plane ticket? How about for my whole family? We would LOVE to see the Creation Museum near you! (I WISH!)

If that doesn't work - maybe you need to plan a trip to Montana! :-)

I need to check out your photography sites. Since blogging, I have had a desire to learn how to take better photos also!

Nunnie's Attic said...

Those pictures were gorgeous. Thank you so much for the nod and if anyone mentions you sent them I will enter your name again.

Also, do you know Kristen's @ Christian Crafter? She has another blog called Knitting 101. She's linked on my side bar and has step-by-step instructions on getting started. That's how I learned.

Love,
Julie

Justabeachkat said...

I know what you mean about great photography. I love photos and I love to take photos, but I'm not the best at taking great photos. Now, my daughter-in-law (Electric Craziness on my favorites) is one great photographer! Maybe I should sign up for a photography class?!

I too want to take up knitting, but I've decided to wait until after the Holidays.

Hugs!
Kat

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

Hi Joan-great post and thanks for all the great links!!x

Irene said...

Thanks Joan for listing some great photo blogs! I will definitely check them all out!!

Christine Boles said...

Hobbies are great~ glad to hear you have an interest in photography~ this should turn out to be fun for you!

Anonymous said...

Wow - the pictures at Photowannbe are amazing! I enjoy taking pictures, but mine are nowhere in her league. I look forward to checking out the other blogs you mentioned as well.