Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Rome




Let's start the travel part of this blog off with a big bang. Last year my sweetie and I went on a cruise in the Mediterranean for our 30th anniversary. I'll write more about the places we went but today let's just talk about Rome. If you ever get the chance to travel to Italy, just do it if you can. You will not regret it. The Italians live life different then we do here in the good old US. They do not hurry things. When you go out to eat in Italy, it is a process that is meant to be fully enjoyed. I like that quality in them. We spent three days visiting Rome before we boarded our ship. Rome is one of those places you won't ever forget. The Colosseum is not to be missed.

The Vatican with the Sistine Chapel are amazing. No pictures are allowed in the Sistine Chapel, but I doubt if you will ever forget the site of it. I tossed a coin in the Trevi Fountain, where it is said a tossed coin promises your return to the Eternal City. I certainly hope so. We visited the Spanish Steps with all of the shops all around it. Rome or Roma as the Italians call it will not be forgotten. The Italians have a saying called la dolce vita (the sweet life) and after a little time in Rome you understand what they mean.


Safe Travels,


Joan

No comments: