Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Shoe Fairy Tale

Once upon a time in the land of terrible ball teams(Reds and Bengals) there lived a fair maiden(a fairly old maiden). She loved to run her errands in her leopard print flip flops. They went everywhere with her, to the grocery, to the bank, to Starbucks, everywhere. They were comfy and cute and since she thought her feet were the only things that looked good these days, they made her feel good.

But alas, the winds of change were blowing in the air and it became cold and her feet were not happy running errands in flip flops and she had to put the pretty leopard print flip flops away for awhile and get out the dreaded winter shoes. It was a sad, sad day in the fairly old maiden's household. :-)

THE END

13 comments:

Fran said...

You made me laugh cause it is true....so true!

You spoke the truth.

Fran

Brit. (lille meg) said...

Oh, the first ones seems cold in this season! But they are nice.
Thank you for sharing.

Donna said...

ROFL! So true!

Brenda said...

Hahaha! I feel for you Hon. I nearly froze my toes off the other night cause out of habit I put on my very favorite old blue/green croc sandals.

Justabeachkat said...

First of all....Fairly old maiden, my hiney!!!! Since we're probably around the same age (heck I might be older), you are NOT old! Cute fairy tale though and sad, but true. I'm sitting here in my flip flops right now, but I know our days together are numbered. :-(

Hey, you've been boo-ed by me so come by when you can.

Hugs!
Kat

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

First pair look funky second pair comfy!

photowannabe said...

HeHeHe...funny but sadly true.
Yesterday we had temperatures that hovered around 85 and Sunny. Today- rain starting. I hate to see my flip flops and summer going. Out came the long pants and my sox and shoes. (:0(

Sandi McBride said...

I'm not sure I'm happy with Fairly Old Maiden...How about Hip Older Maiden..gives you some pizzzzazzzz...besides, I love those shoes...
hugs
Sandi

Sally said...

Those are cute shoes - both pairs. I khnow what you mean though, I'm a barefoot southern broad and it seems Hunter is also.
Well, time to break out the tennies, and theh the boots!

Cute and sweet post!! :)`

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Oh Joan its the exact opposite here! Gone are my chunky cosy sneakers and out come my blingy sandals.
Today is sooooooo hot, i remember it was the same last halloween because i was melting in my witches costume.

im sure the maiden and her winter shoes will soon become good friends! LOL.


Luv Shann xo

Karen M said...

I love it!!

Anonymous said...

tThis post made me laugh. It's been so cold here in England that socks and boots are what are needed.

Anonymous said...

Nice post..! Those shoes are super cute.