Thursday, September 25, 2008

Up, Up, Up can only go Up from here.............

How many people know this song from Shania Twain's Up CD? I bet it'll be in your head all day now. LOL Anyway, it's been a week of minor irritations around here. Our wireless router kicked the bucket a few days ago so we had to replace it, so I did not have the internet. I went to my regular doctor for a physical and got scolded for my weight gain and overall lack of good eating and exercise. I was also scolded at my Weight Watcher's meeting from my leader for the same thing. And today I got the results of my bloodtests back and it looks like I need to shape up about a few things. My triglycerides are high but my cholesterol is in a good range, not sure what that all means but he wants me to take fish oil for a few months to get that down. And I hurt my back last night(again). I have a bad back so sometimes things set it off and it's hurting today. So anyway I don't mean to whine and I know all of these things can be taken care of and I also know WHO(my God) is control of my life so I know with His help I can get a good attitude about the small stuff. So let's move on to grandbabies, a subject that always cheers me up.


My son Jimmy brought Cameron over yesterday while Jimmy tried to fix the wireless router so I got lots of play time with this little dude. I don't get to see him as much as I do the girls(Sydney and Maddie) so I love getting some Grandma time with him. He's six months old now and he's just the cutest little guy. He has these big beautiful eyes that just are so expressive.
Sydney was totally bored by her cousin's visit and fell sound asleep on Grandma's couch. LOL But don't you just love this photo? She really is just the sweetest little thing, all smiles and giggles(when she's awake).

Also wanted to share the Halloween bags I got for the grandbabies from Pottery Barn Kids. I had bought Maddie one last year(the kitty cat one) and the ones for Sydney and Cameron came in this week. I don't know how well you can see their names on the back of the bags. Aren't they so much fun? So that's it for me today, back to wallowing in my self pity and sing UP, UP , UP CAN ONLY GO UP FROM HERE...........LOL Have a good one. I'm okay really, just having one of those days.



9 comments:

Donna said...

I SO identify with "having one of those days"!!hahaaa.....Precious Babies!! Hope your back gets better Soon sweetie!!hughugs

LivingTheLife said...

Ok...first I love your header...I'm sure it is relatively new...but in any case...it is gorgeous...

Secondly, your precious bundles of "love" are just too cute for words...Cameron does have beautifully expressive eyes...and that sweet face...I can just imagine it is as soft and smooth as velvet....and sweet Sydney, so "out" on her Grams couch, she is just too cute...don't you wish you could just "konk" out like that at anytime and any place...she has the most beautiful head of hair...some babies don't have that much by the time they are a year old...she's got the great hair gene for sure...she's a punkin'!

Now...for your blood levels....be sure to find out what your HDL and LDL readings are...the LDL...needs to be below 100 and as close to 70 or 80 with your family history...your HDL needs to be as high as you can get it. NOW...quit worrying about counting points...just eat "heart" healthy and you will loose weight...I promise (since I found out a couple of weeks ago that I have a blockage, now I know I have 3, I have been eating nothing but heart healthy meals...and I've lost over 5 pounds...and I was not trying...so if that can happen to me...it can happen for anyone) I'm not against weight watchers at all...but after what I have been put through and the trials I face...I am going to be getting on my soap box regularly about this; I don't want other women to have to go through this!! Eating heart healthy is a must...meaning lots of fresh veggies and fruits, if possible...lean meats, lots of chicken and fish...and legumes! NO fried foods...and make sure you are walking about 30 minutes a day at least 5 days a week...gotta keep that heart rate up and keep it healthy! I've heard these things pretty much my entire adult life...and I've been fairly good at adhering to the heart healthy rules. So, now...just keep an eye on your levels...HDL, LDL, Cholesterol and tryclicerides?...if you can't bring them down to a good level for you...ask your doctor about statins...I prefer the natural way to reduce those levels...but in my case there is absolutely nothing more I CAN do than take the statins...You mentioned your family history to me the other day...so Please...my friend...stay on top of this! I knew my family history was in the dumps...and I've been after the doctors for over 3 years to listen to me...and they didn't...now they have...Praise God it isn't too late!

OK...I'm off my soap box...now...hope your back starts feeling mucho better soon...and that things turn around for you in the "having a down day" category! OH! and those Halloween bags are too cute...especially love that they have their names on them!

Blessings...
Teresa

judy said...

Hi Joan,

Triglycerides are what got Steph every time when she had her blood tested at Children's. Luckily, that can be controlled with diet. She's been doing really well in the last few years. Isn't it amazing how family history can come into play? Take care of yourself.

Judy

Karen said...

What sweet photos!! So precious. Those halloween bags are cute too.
Hang in there. We all have those days!

Brenda said...

You have the sweetest babies in your life Miz Joan!

I hope you're feeling better today and even better tomorrow!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Joan, sure hope your back feels better soon and all blood work improves too. I understand the routing ups and downs too well. They can be contrary now and then.
Pics of your grandbabies are so darling. I am sure they make you feel better. The halloween bags are way cute!
Love your header too.
Blessings and have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Celestina
la rea rose

Jeanne said...

What a day! Thank goodness for those sweet grandbabies. Look at that sleeping beauty! Love the halloween bags too.

Anonymous said...

Joan---those grandbabies are so adorable! I hope you are feeling better today. I hear you on the WW and need to get back myself!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

bummer, bummer
I am right there with you. We have been making ice cream every week and it has all gone straight to my waist.
We'll kick it. All we need is a few month of cool temps so we can get out without wilting!
Up, Up!