Sunday, February 20, 2011

Meeting the Pioneer Woman



My family and I got to meet the Pioneer Woman on Friday night! It was so much fun. Our local bookstore, Jo Beth Books held a book signing of her new book called Black Heels to Tractor Wheels.  My sisters were there early and ate at the little cafe in the bookstore called Bronte's that was serving recipes from Ree's cookbook. They said their meals were good.  She did a small talk session first and had a question and answer time. She said she was really nervous about talking in public but I have to tell you she is just as nice and down to earth as you can imagine she is. I've never been to a book signing before but it was lots of fun! She signed my book to Gommy, with love, Ree.......I now have her cookbook and Black Heels to Tractor Wheels.
 How's everyone been? Yea, I've been a slacker blogger again and we're hardly into the New Year but my sisters and I have been dealing with my Dad's health issues. It's so tough when it comes to the point where the children are taking care of the parent and I'm sure he's having a hard time dealing with this too.  He turned 86 on Valentine's Day and I have some photos of his birthday party which I'll try to post soon!  Have a great week everyone!!




6 comments:

Donna said...

How cool is that!!! The camera was loving all of you - soooo pretty and smiles all around! She's had great success as a result of her blogging and I think that is GREAT!

Best wishes to your dad. It is really tough when our parents get older and need more help.

Justabeachkat said...

Jealous! I would love to meet her...and YOU! I was given her book as a gift and look forward to reading it as soon as I finish the one I'm reading now. You look good girlfriend!

I'm so sorry your Dad has had some health issues.

Hugs,
Kat

Sally said...

Oh goodness, I'm sorry about your dad still having health problems, Joan. :(

Good for you and the girls meeting PW. She sure has good marketing skills; just to think 3 years ago no one in the blog world had heard of her. Now two books under her belt! Wow.

Take care, love ya! ((hugs))

Jeanette said...

How nice that you got to meet PW.. she's a phenomenon in the blogging world! Sorry about your dad, too. My father is 78 and still relatively healthy and independent so we don't worry too much..yet. Have a good week!

Donna said...

Sorry about your Dad! I went through that with mine as well...You hang in there!

Loved that you had a good time with Miss Ree! I love book signings...
Happy Monday!
hughugs

Brenda said...

I enjoy seeing and hearing about your new adventures. Books stores rock, don't they?

I'm sorry to hear that your Dad has been feeling poorly. It's never easy for anyone.