Friday, January 21, 2011

Single Digit Days........

It's cold here in Cincy these days and you all know it wouldn't be Winter around here if I didn't do some weather whining............LOL I'm not a big fan of frigid cold weather or ice and snow on the roads. A few weeks I drove home from work in black ice and I had to pry my fingers from the steering wheel when I finally pulled into the garage after an hour and a half commute that usually only takes less than thirty minutes.
But in between all the snow and ice we took the grand kids to the Mall to run off some energy. Ha! I love these pictures from the food court, it looks like they are holding some big important business meeting. These three make me smile....so we ate at the food court and had some of those big giant pretzels they have there and everyone went home with alot of sugar in their bodies! Ha!

Anyway, I just wanted to show you what my backyard looked like last night while the snow was coming down and what it looks like today as the Sun comes out. The Sun is bright and shining but we are in the deep freeze. The tree has been up since early December and it is still in great shape. You can't really see it in these pics but it is now a Valentine Day's tree. I have heart ornaments on it and heart lights too. I wonder if it'll last to make it a St. Patrick's Day tree?? LOL I don't think it'll last till Easter. Stay warm and safe!!

7 comments:

Sally said...

Girl, I don't know you do it; driving in those conditions!

Those grandbabies are so adorable, and I can't believe how fast they're growing especially Cameron! He's supposed to still be a baby!

Joan, you take care and try to stay warm; heck it's like 37 here and I'm freezing. lol

Donna said...

This winter has been the pits! We had a dusting this morning that greeted us. That was snowfall #9. At least we didn't have to break out the shovel for it, LOL. Just the thought of black ice makes my heart race! Thank goodness you got home OK.

Last but not least, the grands look quite GRAND!

Brenda said...

Oh I'm loving your new header!

Your babies are growing up so quickly! I see them changing with every photo lately. Try to stay warm and please stay safe while driving in that icy stuff.

Justabeachkat said...

Gosh the kids are getting so big!

Brrrrr...love seeing your pics, but can't imagine having to deal with it. Yikes. Take care on the road.

Hugs,
Kat

Donna said...

Hahaaa...how fun to decorate that tree!
Love the Babies photos! It Does look like they're having a meeting!Lolol
Lordy, that looks too cold for me!!
Stay safe!
hughugs

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Great pictures. I can't believe how big those kids have gotten! Time is racing by.
Love the idea of the Valentine's tree...and would REALLY love a St. Paddy's tree! :)

Marti said...

How do I subscribe to your blog??? I love the photos of the backyard, looks like ours did.

Amen on the black ice, so glad my commute is only 6 miles now instead of 25!

Marti