Friday, March 5, 2010

Thinking Spring and another year older....

So today's my birthday! Yes, I am officially another year older and much wiser. LOL Thanks bloggy friends for being there for me this past year and making me smile when at times the last thing I wanted to do was smile. But you guys sent me funny emails to lift my spirits and checked in on me even when I wasn't being the best bloggy friend out there. Bloggy friends are the best, they really are.......So I am very hopeful for my new year and I am here to tell you that you don't actually die of a broken heart but you learn that you are stronger than you ever thought and that God is the one constant that will never leave you. So that's enough of the serious and mushy stuff....LOL
Yesterday, I was running around doing errands and it was sunny and beautiful out and when I came home these flowers were waiting for me. The photos were taken on my cell phone so the quality is not that great. Remember how I watched little Lexi a few weeks back, well her Mommy and Daddy sent me these beautiful flowers and cute note for my birthday! The note says "Dear westside mom, thanks for taking great care of me. Hanging with you was terrific. Maddie, Sas and Cleo are the greatest. If you ever want company, my toys are packed. Mom and Dad say thanks too: we wish you an especially great birthday. Love , Lexi Cute huh? It made my day!!

So what are my plans today? Well, I'm going to Red Lobster with my Dad and family for lunch and than I'm taking my little girls to the creamy whip(today's the official opening of the creamy whip) for ice cream and than I am going downtown to my son's restaurant tonight and meet the people who mean the most to me and celebrate my birthday! A busy and full day but it should be fun. And I bought a new outfit to wear tonight. I'm a big TJ Maxx shopper, I love a deal but every once in awhile I splurged and that's what I did this week. One of my favorite stores is White House Black Market and this Spring they have added pink to their black and white clothes!! Hahaha...you know I'm all about pink. So I bought the following top and accessories to wear tonight and I'm not going to feel one bit guilty about spending the money!


Isn't this top just so pretty? It's so soft too but I don't do off the shoulder and you can wear it covering the shoulders and it looks great!!!
Than I got the matching clutch purse! They had the cutest tiny pink purses but I need something bigger to hold my camera and cell!! I love it!
And than I really did it and bought these strappy sandals(I just hope I don't kill myself in these, LOL). I'm wearing jeans with the whole ensemble...haha.....I'm sure I'll have some pics of it all put together tonight!! I hope everyone has a great weekend planned and this next pic has nothing to do with my birthday or anything else but it just screams Spring! This is Target's(I heart Target) new line coming out. Is this not the cutest stuff???? Oh how I wish I would have waited to buy my bike.....I love that bike!! Have a great weekend everyone!!

15 comments:

Donna said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOAN!!!!!
I Love the new outfit and Yes, let us see the photos of you In them!!
We Love You Buddy!! And Don't you forget it Either!
Have a FUN FUN Day!!!
hughugs

Sally said...

Beautiful flowers!

Beautiful top and accessories!

Beautiful YOU!!!

Have a really wonderful time today. You are so worthy!!

God bless, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! Have fun tonight - go easy on the Cosmos. Sorry we can't make it but sounds like a good crowd. Maybe, we can go celebrate Bryan's 21st tomorrow night - will call you when I hear what time they are going. Have a great night!

Love,

Your favorite and baby sister!!

judy said...

Happy Birthday, Joan. This is your favorite middle sister:) Have fun tonight and enjoy those cosmos. Ask around to see if anyone needs a pet mouse or two or three; I'll give them away to a good home:) Have a great night!

Love Judy

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday and that's a cute top. I like that bike too and I think I may need one as I don't have one right now. Who knows?

Susie Q said...

Happy Birthday dear, sweet and beautiful Joan! You are so going to rock that outfit you gorgeous lady you!
I hope your evening was perfect and that this weekend will be sweet! The weather is going to be so nice!
LOet's arrange a day we can meet for lunch or dinner once Spring hits...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Love,
Sue

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday young lady!! You're gonna look so snazzy in your new duds!!

YaYa's Funhouse said...

Happy Birthday Joan!
Love the new outfit. What color OPI are you wearing with those new sandals?

Karen said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope you had a wonderful birthday celebration. What a beautiful outfit!! I love it. We are stronger than we know. God is always faithful. I wish you a great year this year.

Donna said...

Oh, I'm a day late! Happy Birthday, kiddo! I bet you looked hotter than blazes in your new blouse, heels, and purse! You GO, girl! And yes, yes. You never die of a broken heart. It just takes a little while to see the glorious renewal waiting on the other side of heartache. {{{{hugs}}}} I am so proud of you!!!

Jeanne said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday Joan. Yay! Very cool outfit. Those heels! Wowza! And such a beautiful note with the gorgeous flowers too!{{HUGS}}

Justabeachkat said...

I can't believe I missed your birthday! I'm out of town but I still feel bad. I hope your night was special. Love your new outfit. Pictures?

I hope this next year is a good one for you. You deserve it.

Hugs!
Kat

Donna said...

Happy Saint Patricks Day to you!!
hughugs

Anonymous said...

Making money on the internet is easy in the undercover world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat make money[/URL], You are far from alone if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or misunderstood methods to build an income online.

Anonymous said...

greetings im a newb here i like [URL=http://www.mydjspace.net]dj forum[/URL] in my free time. I hope to be able to contribute on this forum and hope to stay around!

Thanks.