Saturday, February 21, 2009

Brenda's Photo Challenge ~ Signs of Spring~

The theme for Brenda's Photo Challenge today is "Signs of Spring." Oh how I wish there were "Signs of Spring" here in Ohio right now but the forecast is calling for some more snow this weekend. I have seen some signs of the Robins getting ready to nest but no signs yet of any new growth on the ground so I am pulling some old photos out of my files for this one. Joy from Shuttershy is our hostess today. Thanks Joy and go to Brenda's Photo Challenge to see who's playing this week!

This first photo is of the clock that sits right outside of Krohn Conservatory in Cincinnati. I love how they put all the flowers around it in the Spring.


This is my pretty little Magnolia tree that used to be in my backyard and flowered every Spring. We had to take it down this past Fall when we started the work in our backyard. We are going to start working on that project again as soon as Spring gets here so I'll be posting about that in the coming months.



This just reminds me of what we have to look forward to this Spring. I love all the trees when they have these beautiful flowers on them. Don't they make you smile just looking at them? I can't wait!


This photo is one I took when we were in Florida last month. I am using it as my banner because it reminds me of Spring.

This photo reminds me of Spring because every Spring these crazy ducks return to our swimming pool and think it is their personal home. They drive us crazy because they leave such a mess and then they bring back their babies who we have to rescue from the pool because they can't get out. I really hope they don't return this Spring. LOL I think I took this through a window.



And the number one sign of Spring...........................wearing my sandals/flip flops again. I was just trying these guys on at TJ Maxx, these particular ones didn't feel so great on the feet. My flip/flops will be on my feet as soon as the temps hit 60 degrees. I love my flip/flops..........LOL Thanks Joy, this made me think of Spring and how much I am looking forward to it. Hope everyone is having a great weekend and I can't wait to see all of your Spring photos!





16 comments:

Jeanne said...

Beautiful and I love the colors in that clock. Same here, no visible signs with all our snow and more to come tomorrow.

Sally said...

Great pictures, Joan. Right now, after looking at the flip flops, I'm thinking I would like to have a pedicure! :)

YaYa's Funhouse said...

This is my first visit to your blog. As I read your profile, I thought wow--sounds alot like me. Beautiful pictures. What kind of Nikon do you use? Check out my new twin grandbabies on my blog. It has been a long road but they are doing well now. I will be back for another visit. We are also anxiously awaiting the arrival of spring....long time coming.

Cindra said...

They are all beautiful but my two favorites are the ducks... we get to see courtships in our backyard every year and i love them!!! And your toes! LOL! A sure sign of spring.

Brenda said...

Great Spring signs photos Miz Joan! I see you have Mallard ducks, our namesakes. :-) I bet the babies are so cute. I'm going to miss your flowering Magnolia, I love those blooms.

Sandi McBride said...

While I adore the ducks, the flowers are to die for...I LOVE those shoes the best!
Pretty feet, too
Sandi

Becky said...

Oh, I can't wait for spring either. Especially the flip flop wearin part!

Your magnolia tree looks different from ours in Arkansas. They look smaller and the leaves aren't big like ours. What type is it?

Janice said...

I love all your pictures. I have said all week that I am ready for flip flop weather again. I am tired of cold feet!!!

Rune said...

All your pictures are so beautiful:)

Wib.

Brit. (lille meg) said...

I really look forward to spring!
Beautiful "spring things" here!
I love your pictures!
Have a nice weekend!

Donna said...

Darn! Would have Loved to smell that magnolia!!!
Great pctures, Especially the flops!! I want a manicure TOOOOO...hahahaa...hughugs

Donna said...

Hahaha, you crack me up with the picture of your cute little piggies in flip-flops! It won't be long until I can quit wearing durn socks and get back into my Croc Scutes!

I love the picture of the flower-decorated clock. And your banner picture is iconic and memorable. Terrific job, as always, my dear.

Annie said...

Thanks for the photos...great flowers around for you to look forward to by the looks..

Annie

antigoni said...

Excellent post! Amazing photos. All of them.

Unknown said...

magnificent photos! Inspiring post!
Thank you!

~AM

Jules from "The Roost" said...

I am so ready for flip-flop weather too! :) Great photos!